Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Reality regarding steroids

GuerillaKilla

GuerillaKilla

Certified Pillow Biter
Jul 17, 2013
Monsoon, They keep the roids In a clear lockbox at GNC. That should do it, but sometimes these kids are just too clever and get ahold of them.

GuerillaKilla

GuerillaKilla

Certified Pillow Biter
Jul 17, 2013
FD, just call me Dad.

GuerillaKilla

GuerillaKilla

Certified Pillow Biter
Jul 17, 2013
I would assume that as well.

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
Everyone has a right to choose what path they take. The Vets / Vips on this board..as well as others do their best to share their knowledge and experience with the noobies. Often discouraging use of AAS until that person has exhausted every last bit of their natural genetic potential, adjusting diets and training routines till they no longer make progress.

People are under the impression that taking AAS you will get huge. They fail to remember that you still have to train your *ss off to make any progress.

And no matter what we may share, or who we try to guide..they're still going to do what they want. No matter what.

And no amount of influence or education is going to change some underlying issues. We can't change one's mental instability.

I'm tired of AAS getting blamed for the problems in the world. And still don't understand why so much effort is placed to get AAS off the streets and out of the hands of people trying to improve their life. Instead of dumb*sses who are in self destruct mode using recreational drugs to escape reality. Life sucks as it is!

And I agree with what's been said above..if I had my options..I'd rather my kids take AAS then Meth or Heroin any day. That said..I'm still dealing with a son and his wife who has chosen to escape reality. I rarely speak to him by choice now because I hate my son not being honest with me telling me they are not using. By not speaking with him at least I don't set him up to continually lie to me and lose more respect for him and his wife each time they do. Oh..so much more to this story!

Titan

Titan

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2010
People are under the impression that taking AAS you will get huge. They fail to remember that you still have to train your *ss off to make any progress.
Very, very important point....Thank you

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I've recently gone through this with a teammate who is just hitting his stride at 20y/o...... another close friend and training partner was just told by a coach who is well known for his high dosages that he should stay natural for as long as possible if he's still getting good gains.

The problem is that kids go in to the gym uneducated, they make 6 month beginner gains and then hit reality, then justify everything to themselves like drugs are the only thing holding them back when in reality their training sucks, they're still babies, and their nutrition is a flash in the pan at best.

Every supplement is an ace card and you can only play it once. If you gear up to squat 500 you'll probably never squat a grand. If you go on the Dave Polumbo ( sp?) protocol and wreck yourself to get a pro card you'll never be a top contender.

I know guys who are handling 900+lb benches and 1100lb squats and are drug free. They're still making great progress so why would they go on?

The final part to consider is why. Why risk anything? Health, legal, financial, whatever..... I don't understand the gym rats who run insane cycles and never compete at anything. On our team, new lifters owe us one year of competing in tested divisions before they are even welcomed to consider the choice.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Every supplement is an ace card and you can only play it once. If you gear up to squat 500 you'll probably never squat a grand. If you go on the Dave Polumbo ( sp?) protocol and wreck yourself to get a pro card you'll never be a top contender.

The final part to consider is why. Why risk anything? Health, legal, financial, whatever..... I don't understand the gym rats who run insane cycles and never compete at anything. On our team, new lifters owe us one year of competing in tested divisions before they are even welcomed to consider the choice.

I said the exact same things to Kid Portugal when he joined my team. Like exactly the same shit.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
I have lost count of how many young men (and even older men) I have told that they weren't ready for AAS. I even admit I jumped on too soon. I think the OP has us confused with one of those kiddie douchebag boards. This forum is loaded with seasoned vets and guys that have been doing this a long time and I don't recall ever witnessing a vet or VIP member here condoning the use of AAS inappropriately. Most of us here even preach moderation and low dosages. Do some research before throwing around accusations like that

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
I will say this:

We all complain that kids hop on gear to young, but then we praise Cody Montgomery for turning pro at age 20. When do you think he started using gear?

Or even Justin Compton, who went from this at 19

Justin_Compton_PumpingMuscle.com_40.jpg

to this at 23

69049d1397082656-justin-compton-mind-%3D-blown-k9uej5r.jpg

the truth is that if you want to be a competitive bodybuilder nowadays you have to compete with people like Compton and Dallas McCarver, whose parents have been buying them steroids since they were kids.

Last edited:
heavyiron

heavyiron

Jul 28, 2013
I started at age 20 over 27 years ago. Tampering with my hormones on and off for almost 3 decades. I have zero regrets.

Testosterone has improved the quality of my life and I would not trade that for the world. I have the body of a 20 year old with the sex drive to boot. My mood is always elevated and life is good. If a young man is old enough to take a bullet for his Country then he's old enough to steer his own life IMHO.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic