Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Dr won't help with TRT

NPower65

NPower65

Jan 5, 2015
Hey everyone 1st real post and need some advice.. I went in for my yearly checkup and bloods awhile ago and the Dr added Testosterone test because I told him I was always tired,run down and no drive to do anything. At the appointment he told me my T level was 476ng/dL did not do free T and it was just fine (normal) for a male in his late 40ies told me that instead of low Testosterone being the culprit he wants to run sleep apnea tests and prescribe Prozac. Not only no but hell no IMO. I'm 5'8" 204 lbs about 22%BF carry most of my weight around my middle I'm bulking right now and getting ready to cut pretty soon to do a show. I'm no slouch in the gym and he see's that along with every other Dr I see. Is 476 low enough for TRT? I know a lot of other guy's would love to have it that high.

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
By itself, the 476 number isn't low enough for most doctors to start TRT. Docs usually want the number below 300. That being said, was your BW done in the morning as it should have been??? Also, the Doc SHOULD have done a Free T test like you mentioned. Those are a couple of "issues" you could bring up with your doc. to get him to a re-test...

NPower65

NPower65

Jan 5, 2015
Yes it was done AM I think I was there at 6:15am

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
Yes it was done AM I think I was there at 6:15am

Yeah, then about the only thing you can really do at this point is push the "Free T" issue. When I was in your situation my Total Test was in the normal range similar to yours but my Free T was low. My doc. made me do BW 3 different times about 4-6 weeks apart before he finally decided to start TRT...

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
Yeah man, once I was tested and had 308 so the Dr was like nope, no TRT for you. So good luck.

NPower65

NPower65

Jan 5, 2015
Would the free T and total T be done in the same test? I wonder now if he could be telling me my total T just to suffice me

NPower65

NPower65

Jan 5, 2015
Yeah man, once I was tested and had 308 so the Dr was like nope, no TRT for you. So good luck.

I know every time I go in there he always makes it a point to tell me how unhealthy being bulky is LOL I usually roll my eyes. So I figured he thinks I just want legal gear

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
Would the free T and total T be done in the same test? I wonder now if he could be telling me my total T just to suffice me

Yes, they can do it at the same time.

Adrenolin

Adrenolin

Feb 14, 2013
My Dr offered it after a lab came in at 119ng/dl. Do a heavy cycle, no pct, lots of supports, and get some labs like 5wks post cycle

bodysculptingclub

bodysculptingclub

Feb 14, 2015
That is toward the low side being that higher end is 1100. What country are you in? I can get you treated at my HRT Center.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
My Dr thinks 326 is fine, so good luck. It's all about interpretation.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
OP....not sure what you are after. True TRT is not like cycling. Nature is a bell curve, and as such there are ranges for populations. I know of many big ripped guys that have their test checked and find themselves below 500. Test within the normal ranges is not really a big player in muscle growth. It is not until you start jacking to super-physiological levels that it makes a large impact. (which TRT is not going to do that for you).

Having levels at 900-1200 is not going to do wonders for you. Just as many big guys that post they have 400 levels, some scrawny guy posts his test came back at 950 and doesnt understand it.

By all means seek out treatment for low test if you suffer legit symptoms. But understand those symptoms can also be related to thyroid function as well as many other things. Frankly if you dont have symptoms, dont go on trt...period. It is no magic pill. Just cycle and do pct. If and when you suffer any real symptoms or dont recover, then maybe seek it out.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic