Latest Member
Kuma
What's New?

Powerbuilding madness with AJ ;)

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
Wow that's impressive bro! My triceps usually fatigue before my chest when I do that, but I also need to drop volume a bit and i prob wouldn't fatigue as much. I'd love to get my flat to 405, moat I've ever reached in 385

Nice man! Yeah my triceps usually give out first as well lol. A tip, no matter how big it seems, don't let any weight be above you due to a mental block. It took me forever a whole back to hit 385, for some reason that 35 lb plate on there scared the hell out of my I guess. Once that was easy for me I got up to 405-410 pretty quick.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Nice man! Yeah my triceps usually give out first as well lol. A tip, no matter how big it seems, don't let any weight be above you due to a mental block. It took me forever a whole back to hit 385, for some reason that 35 lb plate on there scared the hell out of my I guess. Once that was easy for me I got up to 405-410 pretty quick.

Bro that's probably some of the best advice I've ever heard. And it definitely hits home with me, especially when of cycle. Some days I go in and in my mind, I'm gonna lift whatever I try and I do. But some days, I just don't feel the connection with my body and I psych myself out on weight I usually rep. But definitely so on max lifts. The mental part of this lifestyle is so important bro. I agree with you 100%. Something that needs continual training as well. Gotta maintain that focus!! I needed to hear that though man, I've been losing focus a lot lately. Good stuff brother

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
Bro that's probably some of the best advice I've ever heard. And it definitely hits home with me, especially when of cycle. Some days I go in and in my mind, I'm gonna lift whatever I try and I do. But some days, I just don't feel the connection with my body and I psych myself out on weight I usually rep. But definitely so on max lifts. The mental part of this lifestyle is so important bro. I agree with you 100%. Something that needs continual training as well. Gotta maintain that focus!! I needed to hear that though man, I've been losing focus a lot lately. Good stuff brother

Not a problem man.. if you can picture yourself moving the weight and believe it, youll be able to do it 9/10 times so long as it is a realistic weight for ya. Sometimes it happens and you just can't get your mind right, but the longer you build it up as a big goal and a big weight, the harder and longer itll be to get there. Just remember, the weight ain't shit.

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012

Not a problem man.. if you can picture yourself moving the weight and believe it, youll be able to do it 9/10 times so long as it is a realistic weight for ya. Sometimes it happens and you just can't get your mind right, but the longer you build it up as a big goal and a big weight, the harder and longer itll be to get there. Just remember, that weight ain't shit.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Not a problem man.. if you can picture yourself moving the weight and believe it, youll be able to do it 9/10 times so long as it is a realistic weight for ya. Sometimes it happens and you just can't get your mind right, but the longer you build it up as a big goal and a big weight, the harder and longer itll be to get there. Just remember, the weight ain't shit.

Ha no doubt bro, I like that. When I got my training cert, this was actually something they talked a lot about, Imaging. It's easy to forget sometimes.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Cot dayum that is some strong benching...nicely done.

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
Cot dayum that is some strong benching...nicely done.

Thankya brotha. I'm hoping to get back to where I was a couple months ago even though I'm in cut mode

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
I haven't updated in about a week, sorry guys. Last weeks workouts were decent. Nothing spectacular, nothing bad either. I did try some new cable work on my delts and enjoyed the pump and look it gave them. I added some high and low cable rows, hammer strength, to my back routine and enjoyed those.

Since a lot of you guys enjoy reading my arm workouts I will post up Fridays arm day, I have been taking intra workout aminos and the blend also has agmatine in it, my pumps have been insane and have felt rock solid.. here ya go

Barbell curl
115x12
115x10
115x9

Close grip bench press
275x8
295x5
225x13

Both arm cable curls (slow ass negatives)
150x10
130x13
130x12

Skullcrushers
115x15
115x15

Dumbbell hammer curls
40x10
40x10

Rope push down (always full lockout, cheat reps on last 2-3 reps if needed)
70x20
60x20
60x20

Hellofa pump.

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
Really been killing legs lately. Switched up my routine last week, now involves 6 sets of tough squats, 3 sets heavy and 3 sets ass to ground with a 2 second pause at bottom, these ate brutal and effective. As i lie here shaky and nauseous, Here's today's workout.

Bodyweight 231 (leaned out a ton as well, best ive ever looked at this weight)

Parallel squat with belt and wraps (went a little lighter today and not to failure, energy and power have been down anyway, dieting is catching up)

405x5
425x2
455x1

Ass to ground squats with 2 second pause at ground (no belt no wraps, these are DEEP, and I mean ass touching ankles deep, literally couldn't go deeper if I tried)

315x4
315x3
225x8
Knees were getting weak, still fairly new to these as well

Leg press
585x8
585x7
495x8
By the time I got to these my knees and legs on general were throbbing, these were rough

Leg extension super set with lying leg curl (slow reps, pause at top)
120x12, 120x10
120x14, 120x10
Could barely walk between sets lol

Seated calf raise (all calf work is slow with pause)
135x18
135x15

Donkey calf raise, same tempo
75x12
75x12

Nausea is just now starting to fade after almost 30 mins. I hate leg pumps for that reason lol, takes too much damn blood!! Have a nice day :)

N.O.V.

N.O.V.

MuscleHead
Jan 24, 2014
Revised leg routine looks brutal man. Haven't seen you around in a few weeks, we'll have to catch up so I can check out your cut progress.

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
Revised leg routine looks brutal man. Haven't seen you around in a few weeks, we'll have to catch up so I can check out your cut progress.

Its definitely brutal my man.. especially on cut, my back legs and knees are taxed as hell right now lol. And I know man. I've been in there pretty early almost every day lately, I've definitely leaned out a lot. My waist is tiny first thing in the morning lol. Veins are popping again, I took an Epsom salt bath last night and the vein age after pulling out sub q water was freaky lol, looked like I busted blood vessels all over or something hahah

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
What are your current goals AJ ?

Are you on a cut at the moment ?

Awesome leg workout man. I'm sore after just reading it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic