Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Dessicated Beef Liver. Yes or no?

Z

zedhed

Oct 4, 2010
Back in the day when I was a middle distance runner a few obscure peeps said that Dessicated Beef Liver helped endurance substantially.
Vince Gironda had all of his athletes use it daily as per this below.

Here's one of Vince's secrets that very few people have ever heard about...

Vince GirondaI'm almost reluctant to share this secret with you. It is so simple and easy I'm afraid you might blow it off as a bunch of BS. But trust me... it really works!

Vince was a believer that in order to grow, you needed to keep your body in a "positive nitrogen balance." This means that protein (the only nutrient that contains nitrogen) should be constantly available in your bloodstream.

When you eat a meal with protein, your body breaks the protein down into amino acids. These amino acids are only available in the bloodstream for a few hours. If you don't get some more protein in there within two to three hours, you'll be in "negative nitrogen balance." This means your body is using and excreting more nitrogen than it is taking in.

In order to prevent that from happening, you need to keep a constant source of high quality protein coming into your body.

Vince was a proponent of using "concentrated food sources." These are foods which contain the protein and nutrients you need but don't contain a lot of excess carbohydrates and calories that take up a lot of space in your stomach, allowing for frequent feedings.

He was not a believer in stuffing a bunch of food down your throat to bulk up and gain a lot of weight. He used to say, "How much do you think an extra inch on your arms is going to add to the scale?"

So Vince had his students take protein powder mixed with cream, raw fertile eggs, amino acids and... (drum roll. please)...

Desiccated Liver Tablets!

Vince had many students gain an inch on their arms within 30 days simply by taking 3 to 5 liver tablets every hour. This insures a positive nitrogen balance without excess carbohydrates and calories.

Vince GirondaStories from some of the old timers telling of phenomenal gains being made on 100 plus liver tablets a day are very common.

Why does it work so well? According to Vince Gironda, desiccated liver contains nucleic acids for proper amino-acid utilization, a growth factor and an anti-estrogen factor, which keeps testosterone levels high, and it is also a great anti-toxin.

A Classic Research Study
on Desiccated Liver

In a classic experiment, Dr. B. H. Ershoff demonstrated that liver extract was able to boost strength, endurance, performance, and resistance to stress and disease. In a nutshell here's how this occurred:

Dr. Ershoff took three groups of rats and fed them controlled diets for a twelve week period. Group one ate a basic diet fortified with vitamins and minerals. Group two ate as much as they wanted of the same diet plus B vitamins and brewer’s yeast. Group three ate the basic diet but had 10% desiccated liver added to their rations.

Then the doctor placed the rats one by one into a drum of water of which they could not climb out. It was either sink or swim... literally!

The group one rats swam an average of 13.2 minutes before they all drowned. Group two, an average of 13.4 minutes. Group three, however, was still swimming at the end of two hours, at which time the experiment was concluded.

The rats that had the desiccated liver added to their diets swam almost 10 times as long as the other two groups! As far as I know, no other supplement has even come close to liver in improving endurance.

Desiccated liver flat out works!

So take old Vince Gironda's advice and try adding desiccated liver to your supplement program. The addition of only 8 to 10 desiccated liver tablets per meal for five meals per day can make a tremendous difference in your condition. This simple-but-effective supplement program will add approximately 65 grams of the highest quality protein to your daily intake.

So what are your thoughts on it.
Reason Im asking is that I seemed to have developed an lactose intolerance practically overnight. For years and years I have been using Whey shakes in the order of 1-3 shakes per day. Then all of a sudden I was always feeling bloated, gassy and diarrhea., big time. Well after much thought and patience I found that if the shakes went away so did all of that. So I am gonna experiment with the Dessicated Liver as a replacement for the shakes and just see what happens.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
It doesn't work. I use to eat that shit like candy, handfuls multiple times daily. This article sponsored by Universal?

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I"ve used Beverly's Ultra 40s, which are desicated beef liver tabs. I like them. They're not magic, but when dieting down they help me to harden up. I took them extensively back when I was natural, and I think they are good. For a natural, I would say the liver tabs and BCAAs are the only supps worth the money.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I have a jug of the Beverly's in the cupboard. When I took them on an empty stomach they made me poop.

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
Or you could eat meat. Gironda used to take by the bucket loads he also advocated heavy cream.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
He recommended a Swiss or Swedish liquid herbal too- I can remember the taste, but not the details...

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Or you could eat meat. Gironda used to take by the bucket loads he also advocated heavy cream.

I'm a big fan of heavy whipping cream as well. It's great when dieting down and low carb because it sweetens up a protein shake with all fat and no sugar. It's really good stuff!

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
I'm a big fan of heavy whipping cream as well. It's great when dieting down and low carb because it sweetens up a protein shake with all fat and no sugar. It's really good stuff!

I like you TG. BTW thanks for the Saw Palmetto tip. I always thought it was shit but I took your advice. 900mg ed...full stream ahead!

dallas

dallas

May 23, 2014
BUMP

Desiccated Liver works (plenty of research can be found), In high doses. Its proven to work in experiments (more experiments than todays supplements receive (excluding creatine)). It also gives great results with creatine. Try 10 eggs a day 20 Desiccated Liver and 5 grams of creatine (creatine is found in Desicated Liver also). Desicated liver also needs to be cycled as with ASS, as the body gets used to tablet supplements over time and ceases to absorb the nutrients (4 to 5 weeks on and 1 week off). ALLSO . . . . chew them up and they absorb quickly into the blood stream.

Magazines say this . . . . Manufacturers say that . . . . They all lie. Eggs were the number one protein source for many years, all of a sudden whey protein is more superior ??? why ??? Manufacturers need to make the money, period. Desiccated Liver tablets are now inferior ??? why ??? creatine could make more money. I believe there is enough creatine in 20 or 30 Liver Tablets for the need to not add creatine monohydrate (Liver tablets alone is enough).

They also clear toxins from the body that shouldn't be in there . . . so some people might not care for them :^)

P

pepino

Jul 1, 2013
I know this is an old post, but just came from the doc's office.

Was asked if I was taking iron tabs because my blood was border-line-thick.

The only, only difference in all of my pills, powders, tabs, pins, etc., was the simple fact that I had added liver tabs about 6 weeks ago.

Doc said to drop'em. Period.

Titan

Titan

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2010
Just eat cooked liver.. problem solved and it tastes much better.
Chicken livers if cooked right taste great.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
TOTAL waste of money

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic