Latest Member
Remy14
What's New?

Streetbike accident 6-22-2010

YAMAHA147

YAMAHA147

MuscleHead
Feb 23, 2012
This is what happens when you get T-boned by a drunk driver when on a streetbike..7 months in hospital and still more surgeries being planned which is almost 2 years later..My right leg fibula was removed and replaced part of my mandible, the left side of my mouth had no bone, no teeth..Just shattered fragments of bone. I have 3 lbs of titanium in there so far with more coming..Figured I'd post this x-ray, pretty wild lookin huh? dont drink and drive :eek:

Attachments

• XRAY.jpg
    XRAY.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 47
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
God damn bro!!! You're able to train at this point? What kind of limitations do you have? What is planned for upcoming surgeries? Did that scumbag fuck that hit you do time?

YAMAHA147

YAMAHA147

MuscleHead
Feb 23, 2012
God damn bro!!! You're able to train at this point? What kind of limitations do you have? What is planned for upcoming surgeries? Did that scumbag fuck that hit you do time?

Yeah I was able to go back to training about 6 months ago. They are still tryin to figure out when to schedule my surgery to now start putting the titanium in my upper jaw. Then in 3-4 months once that has become solid they will start fitting me with permanent teeth..Right now I have temporary's. My bottom jaw is finally finished as of December this past year. The guy that hit me was a homeless guy, in a stolen car w/ no insurance (obviously) AND it was his 6th DWI..So i didnt get shit for money for this..A millionaire couldnt have hit me? some luck..but all in all im very lucky to be alive..I flatlined twice while I was being midi-vaked but ended up pullin through..Been a rough road but im gettin thru it

R

ruffino

Feb 13, 2012
This is what happens when you get T-boned by a drunk driver when on a streetbike..7 months in hospital and still more surgeries being planned which is almost 2 years later..My right leg fibula was removed and replaced part of my mandible, the left side of my mouth had no bone, no teeth..Just shattered fragments of bone. I have 3 lbs of titanium in there so far with more coming..Figured I'd post this x-ray, pretty wild lookin huh? dont drink and drive :eek:

WOW bro Crazy, my friend just told me a story like that that happened to his boy in LB. Hate to here shit like this when people drink and drive. Sorry to here

Lenny89

Lenny89

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2011
yamah were u actin like ghost rider brother lol

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
that sux bro....were you wearing a helmet?

Needswork

Needswork

Dec 19, 2011
First off ,I'm glad you made it bro! myself ride a street legal supermoto now but started on streetbikes. I

Needswork

Needswork

Dec 19, 2011
Accidentally pressed send with my clen fingers . Lolz. I used to wear my German helmet (squid) until I witnessed some terrible accidents first hand. Mostly rider errors. I was very lucky that when I high sided in town that I had my fullface on. The whole visor and mouth area was ground down. So were my knees and ass cheeks . I did have a jacket on that saved my upper body. Now I'm atgatt. All the gear all the time. Glad recovering bro.

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
that's a crazy story Yamaha, I thought I had some annoying injuries... Best of luck in recovering from this!

basskiller

Friends Remembered
Sep 12, 2010
damn.. been down myself.. But nothing even remotely close to that.. I feel for ya..

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Yeah I was able to go back to training about 6 months ago. They are still tryin to figure out when to schedule my surgery to now start putting the titanium in my upper jaw. Then in 3-4 months once that has become solid they will start fitting me with permanent teeth..Right now I have temporary's. My bottom jaw is finally finished as of December this past year. The guy that hit me was a homeless guy, in a stolen car w/ no insurance (obviously) AND it was his 6th DWI..So i didnt get shit for money for this..A millionaire couldnt have hit me? some luck..but all in all im very lucky to be alive..I flatlined twice while I was being midi-vaked but ended up pullin through..Been a rough road but im gettin thru it

Good to see you are back in the gym bro. Thats hardcore.

needswork said:
clen fingers

I like that...lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic