jacobss
What's New?

What are the best multivitamins?

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
nothing...just a b-complex with vit c.
spinach, carrots, beets, peppers blueberries, bananas, etc. by the handful.

OlympianAthletics

OlympianAthletics

Aug 18, 2014
Just reading through all these posts on here and notice one major thing and the biggest thing to really take away: there is no "best" when it comes to something like a multivitamin. Everyone has different criteria when it comes to what makes something the "best," price, amount, ingredients, taste, convenience, and the list could go on. In my own personal case, it changes almost constantly to fit my diet(I truly want it to fill in any gaps, not get all my nutrients from it), my budget, and my personal preference at the time. Every vitamin named on here has good and bad if you were to examine each and everyone in depth. Go with what works best for you, currently, I myself am on the Orange Triad(pill form) which, I believe, is by Controlled Labs.

V

Vick

MuscleHead
Jun 13, 2012
The best is Ensure for absorption and coverage, when you're dying they don't mess around, just like using pedialyte with DNP lol

T

thomasbrenner31

Jan 27, 2015
I use Vita4life’s bariatric multivitamins only. I use it because the products are free of chemicals, preservative and, fillers.

Bonehard

Bonehard

Sep 14, 2013
Solgar makes the very best vitamin sups available on the market today..the cleanest, most impurity free product around! They are also the most expensive however in this case I think it's worth the extra coinage

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Solgar makes the very best vitamin sups available on the market today..the cleanest, most impurity free product around! They are also the most expensive however in this case I think it's worth the extra coinage
I have to agree with you on this one. There was a study done a few years back done two Canadian biochemists (luckily I have the paperwork for it as it got taken offline last year). They looked at the absorption rates of the top 100 selling multivitamins. From memory around half of them came out at under 10% absorption, there were very few that had anywhere close to 50%. Solgar was in the top 5 with their VM2000 and Omnium multi along with Usana; I can't remember the other brand but I can have a look when I get into work later on if anyone's interested.

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
Mini Forklift We use Natures Own / Cytoplan do you have any experience opinions on this brand ?

I would be interested in seeing the study results you refer to above .

Akhusker

Akhusker

Dec 25, 2014
Irwin's Natural Men's living green multivitamin is my favorite. I've tried a large variety of multis and this is the one I keep going back to.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
@Mini Forklift We use Natures Own / Cytoplan do you have any experience opinions on this brand ?

I would be interested in seeing the study results you refer to above .
I'm not overly familiar with that brand although I have heard of Nature's Own.

Sorry, I forgot to post up the study. I'll take the paperwork home tomorrow, scan it and post it up here. I think it's very interesting reading although there was rumour that it was funded by Usana, not sure if that was ever confirmed though.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I'll take the paperwork home tomorrow, scan it and post it up here.
So I'm having issues with posting up the scans ~ it's too small to be able to read!

Anybody that wants a copy, I have the whole 18 page report as a PDF so feel free to PM me with your email and I can send it to you. I stand corrected that the study actually reviewed 500+ multivitamins ~ so all of the popular ones appear to have been extensively tested and scrutinised.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 3 members watching this topic

, ,