Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

What are the best multivitamins?

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Would like to know what would be the best multivitamins to buy?

==============================

Actually that's a damn good question because vitamins are supplements there are no controlled non-proprietary studies which have been performed that I'm aware of.

So what the best answer to the question? Compare the ingredients of several generics and assuming they all approximate each others RDA dosage buy the cheapest.

I would add one caveat because the vitamins ADEK are fat soluble supplementation is NOT warranted and may be potentially harmful.

Regs
jim

I

imuscle

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2013
I use supernutrition Multi's they work for me. I have read that whole food multis are better for you. Think there site is supernutrionusa

Last edited:
dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
I use supernutrition Multi's they work for me. I have read that whole food multis are better for you. Think there site is supernutrionusa
=======================================================

Not heard of those are they expensive?
jim

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I just take a basic men's 1 a day multi these days. I used to use Beverly's multi-pak and Animal Pak, but with both of those, I'd have urine that looked like nuclear waste about 2-3 hours later, making me think that a large amount of the vitamins and minerals were simply getting passed through my system.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I just take a basic men's 1 a day multi these days. I used to use Beverly's multi-pak and Animal Pak, but with both of those, I'd have urine that looked like nuclear waste about 2-3 hours later, making me think that a large amount of the vitamins and minerals were simply getting passed through my system.
That is actually a good sign. Yellow urine means that you have absorbed it (rather than the misconception you are just excreting/wasting the vitamins throgh your urine).

It's primarily the absorption of Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) that causes this. I'd be more concerned if I was taking a multi containing B vitamins and your urine remained clear. Like BrotherIron and myself alluded to, if you buy according to price, then with your cheaper multi's you are always going to have a certain number of synthetic fillers and binders which will reduce utilisation in the body ~ Centrum being a prime example. You get what you pay for, and most of the common brands you will find in your convenience store come out with less than 10% absorption rates.

Number LL

Number LL

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2010
^^^^yep. When I did but the cheap stuff I would buy a pill crusher and pour them in my protein shake.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Big fan of the animal paks by universal nutrition. Ive been using them for over 15years..

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
I always found opti men to be a very decent vitamin that don't cost a fortune.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 3 members watching this topic

, ,