Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

The Old Geezer's thread

O

OldPLer

Nov 29, 2010
Afraid there is at least one older than you here, mu first competition was in 1964, it was Olympic lifting meet since powerlifting was not around or at least not around my area at the time.
Right now I am on 150 test ew and then I add whatever suits me at the time. Workouts are not as heavy as before, I work out twice a week in the gym 90 minutes and then I am out of there, try to avoid injuries and take care of them when they happen, when I feel a twinge I stop and do not do another rep or set, it may be nothing and if it is nothing then I will be fine for the next workout, if it is an injury then I take care of it. Sometimes you don't know if it is an injury or if it was nothing until later, when I was young I would plow right through it.
I have to monitor blood pressure, liver and kidney functions more closely. No more dbol, no more tren E, tren A doesn't seem to raise my blood pressure like tren E does.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
46 here and back at it just over 4 years now.

Lifted off and on as a teen, then got serious around age 20 and trained steady to 35.

Lost my way for 7 years or so and started back again at 42.

Did my first Powerlifting competition last August and made the rankings on PowerliftingWatch.com for my squat and my total.

Recent pic @ 265+ lbs

MrFlexy.jpg

Last edited:
IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Speaking of music....I usually play older stuff because I think are favorite music is always from our teenage years. But the other day I trained delts/traps on nothing other than Sinatra. I did it for the chicks and the dames.

Man pops, I'm a youngin and I'll jam some Sinatra just for me. I love that shit

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Nothing buck hard rock and metal in my I phone. Favorite band for lifting Megadeth. Have every cd. Plus thin lizzy Metallica lots of variety.

kov

kov

Feb 6, 2014
46 here and back at it just over 4 years now.

Lifted off and on as a teen, then got serious around age 20 and trained steady to 35.

Lost my way for 7 years or so and started back again at 42.

Did my first Powerlifting competition last August and made the rankings on PowerliftingWatch.com for my squat and my total.

Recent pic @ 265+ lbs

MrFlexy.jpg

One big boy

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
Afraid there is at least one older than you here, mu first competition was in 1964, it was Olympic lifting meet since powerlifting was not around or at least not around my area at the time.
Right now I am on 150 test ew and then I add whatever suits me at the time. Workouts are not as heavy as before, I work out twice a week in the gym 90 minutes and then I am out of there, try to avoid injuries and take care of them when they happen, when I feel a twinge I stop and do not do another rep or set, it may be nothing and if it is nothing then I will be fine for the next workout, if it is an injury then I take care of it. Sometimes you don't know if it is an injury or if it was nothing until later, when I was young I would plow right through it.
I have to monitor blood pressure, liver and kidney functions more closely. No more dbol, no more tren E, tren A doesn't seem to raise my blood pressure like tren E does.

Now that's what I call smart.....glad to have you.

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
Hey Flex, enjoyed your squat videos.....keep em coming!

O

oldnslow

Jun 6, 2013
57 this fall and it kills me to even say that. How could it be?

No competitions, just a gym rat all my life. Fighting a cervical disc issue the past few months. TRT for the past 6 years. Can still squat 315 for 4 sets of ten and rep flat bench with 130 db's. Not much compared to some of the horses on here but not bad for an old dude.

Work out 3x week sort of a modified DC style. Love dropsets. Pay a lot more attention to what my body says than I did as a young man. Hope to be the "old guy still rocking it at the gym" for a long time.

sootywooty

sootywooty

MuscleHead
Sep 12, 2013
Lol! You lot are just babies not cry ones btw! I am 62 and trained with wths on and off since i was 20, i just like it really! but most times have stopped through injuries, so now like a few mention above i am very careful and train light or even miss a body part if the begins to ache.

Also i like most types of music, and learnt to play guitar when i was a carer here at home for many years, i played a lot of Shawn Lane stuff, not quite as good as he was, but many said i was close.

kov

kov

Feb 6, 2014
Did drop down sets for the first time in years as feeling a bit older you want a partner starting off heavy. So I wanted a bench and this young chap did I want to partner him with flat and incline bench. WOW feels damn good, well my ball and chain liked the looks of the chest when I got home and she is hard to please. Need to do some drop down sets on a more regular basis I think.

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
Did drop down sets for the first time in years as feeling a bit older you want a partner starting off heavy. So I wanted a bench and this young chap did I want to partner him with flat and incline bench. WOW feels damn good, well my ball and chain liked the looks of the chest when I got home and she is hard to please. Need to do some drop down sets on a more regular basis I think.

Yea Kov I am a huge fan of drop sets.....more intensity these days less weight.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic