Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

The Old Geezer's thread

Straad

Straad

Oct 29, 2014
Kind of got to this thread late but thought as an old geezer I should check in.
Hit the big 47 this year.
Started lifting in high school football like a lot of people and been at it in one sense or another since then.
Lifted stupid for a long time because muscle & fitness told me to.
Then the met-rx/EAS days spent to much on sawdust flavored protein bars to get big.
Then testosterone magazine posted a how to order fina pellets online crush them and make your own gear. Been playing with it on and off ever since.
Powerlifted for many years. got to 320# at my biggest, benched 500 at my best, which led to a blown out shoulder.
Tried lifting light but just couldn't find the drive
Changed to martial arts 4-5 years ago. lost 70 pounds and now i work technique not power and strength. (although still stronger than most doing it)
Still use gear to stay lean and strong.

Had many bikes in my day, honda shadow, Yamaha virago, Kawasaki concourse, even bought an old 74 honda 500 just to tinker with.
got rid of the last one when someone in a car tried to kill me for the 10,000th time driving with their head up their ass. I just had enough.
You have to drive like your in a ****ing bumper car trying not to get hit.

us old timers can do it.

Last edited:
Gregger

Gregger

MuscleHead
Dec 16, 2012
Kind of got to this thread late but thought as an old geezer I should check in.
Hit the big 47 this year.
Started lifting in high school football like a lot of people and been at it in one sense or another since then.
Lifted stupid for a long time because muscle & fitness told me to.
Then the met-rx/EAS days spent to much on sawdust flavored protein bars to get big.
Then testosterone magazine posted a how to order fina pellets online crush them and make your own gear. Been playing with it on and off ever since.
Powerlifted for many years. got to 320# at my biggest, benched 500 at my best, which led to a blown out shoulder.
Tried lifting light but just couldn't find the drive
Changed to martial arts 4-5 years ago. lost 70 pounds and now i work technique not power and strength. (although still stronger than most doing it)
Still use gear to stay lean and strong.

us old timers can do it.

Awesome, way to stay on it

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Interesting thread. Guess I should pop in as well.

I'm on the younger end of the old geezer, 43.

I'm gettin' younger as I age though :)

This lifestyle is all a really care about anymore. I wish I would have found it 20 years ago but even if I did, I was to undisciplined and all I wanted to do was fvck off and party.

It wasn't until I was beat down enough in life that I found the willingness and discipline to stick with this.

It's the only thing that calms me. The only thing that can take up space in my head 24hrs a day and keep me on the right track.

I'm one of those fellas that has to be constantly doing something and this provides that for me.

It's always in my head, diet, training, chemical enhancement, rest, injury prevention and ways to make it all work the best in the most efficient ways possible.

Work is a close second because I gotta pay for this shit :D

But, even work knows they are second :)

H

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic