Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Sub Q injections?

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
First pin of this gear was IM in the VG and it hurt for a few days too. My hands were a bit shaky so I just assumed it was a bad pin. It happens sometimes. I don’t have steady hands so I try to hit areas that are easy to reach and can rest my arm against my body.
Sub q definitely opens up more spots for me.

I’m going to try some other test that I have here to compare. It’s really old. I found a box that I forgot had oils in it. Thought it was just ancillaries and caps.

What is a comfortable volume for sub q? I thought .5 was being pretty conservative, but I couldn’t find much info beyond what the trt/hrt does. What’s the broscience?

Thanks.
.3 ml max for me and use a shorter needle 1/2 or 5/8.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I'm not old enough (or too old?) to see video.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
So I used a 25g x 1” for sub q on my outer quad the other night. I pinched an area of tissue, and injected just below the pinch point at an angle. I just didn’t go full depth with the pin.

Inject of .5ml test e in mct went smooth and I had a tiny little lump in the area. The next morning, it was tight, soar and inflamed in the ~2-3” area. It has grown to about a 4” red area and still tender.

Is the redness and pip typical? I’m just trying to determine if this gear doesn’t agree with me or if I fucked it up. I’ve heard of bumps and lumps and occasional bruising, but this isn’t a bruise, it’s inflammation.

I tried watching some videos and such online about sub q injects techniques, but all I came across is some pretty lame shit, but it covered the basics.
Best to use 1/2" shallow IM. I've never had good luck with the thigh, always outer glute and 1/2".

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
I use those for oils. They are good for oils, but I stopped using them for stuff like GH, BPC-157, MT2, etc... They say no dead space, but there are a couple units of dead space. Too much to for me to waste good GH on.
For peptides I use the Easy Touch 31 g 5/16", delt or thigh. Painless, except GHK Cu, area is tender for a couple hrs after. No inflammation or swelling though.

A

AlphaMale!

VIP Member
Dec 11, 2022
I have been doing Sub Q exclusively for almost five years now and I prefer it over IM.
Back when I was pinning 3 mL at a time, a 1.5” 23G pin was more practical but I only do TRT @ 1 mL/wk so Sub Q with a 25G, 1/2”-5/8” pin works perfectly.
I just have to make sure my source offers an oil that’s thin enough .
As for is there any difference in results IM vs Sub Q, I haven’t noticed any whatsoever.
I do get a little more pip pinning Sub Q due to more nerve endings located in that layer.
But I’m only pinning 0.5 mL 2x/wk these days and Sub Q is just so much easier with the same results.

Tiny

Tiny

Dec 12, 2011
Thanks for the insight guys. I appreciate it.

It seems that sub q might be pretty limited on volume better suited to trt. This first pin was actually .4ml and fucked me up a bit. Last time I had a red lump like this, I ended up getting an abscess drained in my delt. I hope that’s not the case here and will wait it out a few more days. This pin was Sunday and as of Thursday it’s still swollen, sore, red.

gonna try .25 tonight with some other oil and see how it goes.

I had read volumes of 1-2ml max for sub q, and others said .5ml. I thought I was on the lower end for a trial run. Hearing some of you saying .25 a .3 is a little discouraging. I had hoped for 3 injections per week for 375mg And adding a therapeutic dose of deca ~100mg/week to help with joints.….at .25 per site that puts me at 8 shots per week.

on a side note, ordered barrels and some pins from that gpz place. They literally just threw hundreds of loose pieces in a bag, stuffed it in a box and mailed it to me. What kind of bullshit is that? Never seen half ass shit like this before.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Thanks for the insight guys. I appreciate it.

It seems that sub q might be pretty limited on volume better suited to trt. This first pin was actually .4ml and fucked me up a bit. Last time I had a red lump like this, I ended up getting an abscess drained in my delt. I hope that’s not the case here and will wait it out a few more days. This pin was Sunday and as of Thursday it’s still swollen, sore, red.

gonna try .25 tonight with some other oil and see how it goes.

I had read volumes of 1-2ml max for sub q, and others said .5ml. I thought I was on the lower end for a trial run. Hearing some of you saying .25 a .3 is a little discouraging. I had hoped for 3 injections per week for 375mg And adding a therapeutic dose of deca ~100mg/week to help with joints.….at .25 per site that puts me at 8 shots per week.

on a side note, ordered barrels and some pins from that gpz place. They literally just threw hundreds of loose pieces in a bag, stuffed it in a box and mailed it to me. What kind of bullshit is that? Never seen half ass shit like this before.
That is how GPZ rolls. Been that way forever.

Yes, sub-q is really a daily microdosing type of thing. If you ever watch the document Icarus about the doping in cycling you will see what happens with larger volume sub-q injections. Looks like golf balls under the skin for days.

The only positive thing about an infection from a sub-q injection, it is right on the surface.

Tiny

Tiny

Dec 12, 2011
That is how GPZ rolls. Been that way forever.

Yes, sub-q is really a daily microdosing type of thing. If you ever watch the document Icarus about the doping in cycling you will see what happens with larger volume sub-q injections. Looks like golf balls under the skin for days.

The only positive thing about an infection from a sub-q injection, it is right on the surface.
So how long do these little lumps typically remain and how close can I pin to that same spot until it goes away?

lowering the volume has helped tremendously. I dropped down to .25 & .30 and am testing what the limits are. So far I’ve had very little pip, but all spots have a lump. 5 pins have been great with the 27g pins. Not sure if the lumps are a standard thing, or carrier oil. I did do a pin with different gear and the lump cleared after a few days.

when running multiple compounds, deca or primo for example, is it feasible to do them IM, along with test being sub q? I feel like a pin cushion at this point and wondered how that may work with periods of additional volume.

im Curious how many people can actually pull of 1ml sub q. Hopefully I can find my pace and get above .4-.5ml. I could cut down frequency.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
So how long do these little lumps typically remain and how close can I pin to that same spot until it goes away?

lowering the volume has helped tremendously. I dropped down to .25 & .30 and am testing what the limits are. So far I’ve had very little pip, but all spots have a lump. 5 pins have been great with the 27g pins. Not sure if the lumps are a standard thing, or carrier oil. I did do a pin with different gear and the lump cleared after a few days.

when running multiple compounds, deca or primo for example, is it feasible to do them IM, along with test being sub q? I feel like a pin cushion at this point and wondered how that may work with periods of additional volume.

im Curious how many people can actually pull of 1ml sub q. Hopefully I can find my pace and get above .4-.5ml. I could cut down frequency.
The long lasting lumps are probably from inflammation from the carrier oil or solvent if you pinned with different gear and it cleared quicker. For me, if it was gear that didn't cause inflammation the lump would be gone in a few hours at .25 ml. If it did, who knows how long it would stay. I still have dark spots from where those inflamed lumps were at 6 months later.

Nothing wrong with running both IM and sub-q. Just make sure to keep each one the same throughout.

If you think a couple shots is a pin cushion, I was doing 8 injections a day during part of my contest prep between anabolics, GH and insulin. The only one that was sub-q were the 4 insulin injections. I inject GH IM.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic