Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Speciliazed Strength Training (SST)

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Nice work! Pain-free is great to hear too. Keep inspiring us.

Wellllllll....... not really pain free. That screaming toast puts A LOT of heat on the area and creates localized inflammation and those 2 things allow me to train without pain. I feel it later after I'm done lifting and back home. It is getting better though.

I basically decided not to take any time off for a pulled glute once I found out that's what it was.

The real test will be on Week 3. I think I'm going to be a lil conservative but still hit the numbers I need to to stay on track. I'm going to go for a 515lbs back squat and a 575lbs pull. I don't think it would be wise to go for broke with the pulled glute. I may do that when Dec comes.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Nov 13, 12 ~ Pull Day

Middle back was feeling like ass today. Woke up feeling like that but I didn't like it stop me. I did cut my workout short but I still got my deads in. I dropped the speed deads and my last set of GM/Squat. I was still happy though b/c I don't have any pain but it feels off, like I slept on it wrong and maybe tweaked something when I moved some furniture over the weekend.

WAVE 4 WEEK 2
PULL DAY

Deadlift (conventional)~ 360lbsX5, 410lbsX5, 460lbsX5

GM/Squat~ 190lbsX5, 210lbsX5, 230lbsX3, 250lbsX3

Hammer Curl~ 45lbsX7, 50lbsX5, 55lbsX5, 60lbsX5, 65lbsX3

Jack Knife~ BWX4(10)

Shoulder Prehab: stick stretch, scap motion, wall angel, sea turtle

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
I cant see the pic of SS's trophies but good job to her anyway lol.

Solid pull day for having that middle back issue. What is a squat/GM?

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Nice job BI, mid back issues suck, I live that shit everyday.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I cant see the pic of SS's trophies but good job to her anyway lol.

Solid pull day for having that middle back issue. What is a squat/GM?

I'm not sure why people can't see the pic. I'll have to put it on photobucket and re-post it so everyone can see it.

A GM/Squat is an Oly assisting lift where you literally combing a GM and a Squat. You GM the weight down and than squat it back up.

Nice job BI, mid back issues suck, I live that shit everyday.

Thanks Halo. I have AWESOME news. I've convinced SS to go back to training at a PLing gym. That means comp bench, dl bar, and a monolift. THANK GOD!!!!!!!

I tweaked my mid back from not being tight enough when I was squatting and I've also found it's not as easy to hold an arch on a regular bbing gym bench. I've made do with it but getting back to proper equipment will make a world of difference. Looks like I'll be training at NGBB.

I think I'll take the rest of the week off and than next week go for bigger numbers. I benched yesterday and hit my numbers but wasn't in the mood after that. Hard to get psyched when you're surrounded by soccer moms and such. I'll probably lift after hours over there till we make the switch.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Nov 15, 12 ~ Push Day

My mid back was still feeling a bit like ass so I called it after bench. My back also popped when I was benching which I thought was odd. My back feels better today, I took a 100mg voltarin and iced it for 30min. I'll ice it some more today and take another voltarin. I'm going to skip leg day b/c I do plan on making next week my heavy week. I'll just perform my main lifts; deadlift, bench, back squat/front squat. I'll drop all the assisting lifts next week. I'm also sure I'll be lifting after hours next week so I don't have to worry about soccer moms and assclowns being there.

WAVE 4 WEEK 2
PUSH DAY:

Bench~ 205lbsX5, 235lbsX5, 265lbsX5
I decided to rest pause each of the 5 on 265lbs. Felt good.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
My back pops sometimes during the bench press sometimes too.
I dunno what that is. I could do without it though haha

Just wondering, what is voltarin?

S

simonjpa

Sep 10, 2010

Im also curious about this. Nice log Brother Iron!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011

Mine usually doesn't pop so it was odd to me. Voltarin is a script anti inflammatory.

Im also curious about this. Nice log Brother Iron!

Thanks simonjpa. Voltarin is stronger than something like naproxin (active ingredient in aleeve). I'll probably take 4 aleeve tomorrow and Sunday. I'm still going to go after some solid numbers next week.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
For the upcoming week I'll just be performing my main lifts, no auxiliary lifts. So just Deadlift, Bench, and Squats.

I'm pushing to hit my year end goals so I want to be fresh for my week 3's (this month and next). After that it'll be back to business as usual.

I'm also going to look up that PLing gym next week. I have their number so I'll be giving them a call and finding out their location and costs.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
For the upcoming week I'll just be performing my main lifts, no auxiliary lifts. So just Deadlift, Bench, and Squats.

I'm pushing to hit my year end goals so I want to be fresh for my week 3's (this month and next). After that it'll be back to business as usual.

I'm also going to look up that PLing gym next week. I have their number so I'll be giving them a call and finding out their location and costs.

Good luck with your Goals. I'm sure you'll nail them....

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Good luck with your Goals. I'm sure you'll nail them....

Thanks. They shouldn't be a problem but I'm not taking any chances. I'll def stack the deck in my favor by dropping my assisting lifts to keep me fresher.

Just an FYI...... as part of the changes to my program I'll be performing Reverse Band Squats for speed work on my Leg Day.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic