bkstacksit
What's New?

Speciliazed Strength Training (SST)

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Nov 19, 12 ~ Pull Day

Well, I got caught up in the moment and tweaked my back a bit on my last set. It's not painful but there is discomfort/tightness. I hit my 600lbs pull but I think I should have waited till Dec and settled with the 585lbs I pulled. The 585lbs flew up so fast I decided to pull 600lbs. I was successful but like I said I tweaked something in my lower left back. It's not painful right now. It's a dull ache and tightness to it. I foam rolled it asap and also iced it as soon as I was done. I got vids of me pulling 545lbs, 585lbs, and the 600lbs. I should have stopped with the 585lbs but as yall know sometimes we get caught up in the moment when the weight is flying up and we make a stupid decision. I also hooked the 600lbs and lost skin of both of my hands. I usually wear my oly straps when I pull heavy but I was in the zone today so I didn't wear them for any of the sets. I'll post the vid up here.

I'll have to wait and see if I feel 100% by Fri to finish this week. If I'm not than I'll just rest this week and pick up where I left off next week and than deload after it. I do feel 100% than I'll bench on Fri and Squat on Sun.

I took a voltarin and I'm going to ice my back again in a few minutes. I plan on icing again tomorrow afternoon and after start soaking in boiling hot Epsom salt baths. I'll also be sure to foam roll all this week.

WAVE 4 WEEK 3
PULL DAY:

Deadlift (conventional)~ 405lbsX3, 455lbsX1, 495lbsX1, 545lbsX1, 585lbsX1, 600lbsX1

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Here's the vid.......

Last edited by a moderator:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Back is feeling MUCH better so that's a good thing. Just VERY sore and tender in that area. No pain.

I'm going to ice it throughout the day, foam roll it, and sit in the inversion table.

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
damn you made 600 look fairly easy too lol. excellent pulling and glad that the back isnt in pain. now that you hit 600 a month earlier than planned whats next? you going for 650 next month? :D

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
damn you made 600 look fairly easy too lol. excellent pulling and glad that the back isnt in pain. now that you hit 600 a month earlier than planned whats next? you going for 650 next month? :D

Def not gonna shoot for a 50lbs jump next month, lol. I think I'll go for a 10-15lbs jump instead. I may go for more if I start training at that PLing next month b/c than I'd use a DL bar.

I gotta bench today and than squat on Sun. I'm looking forward to squatting.

Excessiveone

Excessiveone

MuscleHead
Apr 6, 2012
Happens to those with drive, determination.
That was one sweet looking pull. I agree, definitely looked like you had some left in the tank. Glad it ended up being just a tweaked nerve or muscle.
Just watching that vid makes me want to train today.

Awesome Job!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Nov 23, 12 ~ Push Day

Back is feeling 100% so I went in today and benched like I had planned on doing. I dropped all my assisting lifts again and will do so on Sun when I squat. Today went well. Here's what I did:

WAVE 4 WEEK 3
PUSH DAY:

Flat Bench~ 225lbsX3, 265lbsX1, 295lbsX1, 315lbsX1, 330lbsX1

Shoulder Prehab: stick stretch, scap motion, wall angel.

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
nice benching but got to ask because i might have missed it somewhere else: why you skipping the assistance exercises? lack of time? or preparing for something?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
nice benching but got to ask because i might have missed it somewhere else: why you skipping the assistance exercises? lack of time? or preparing for something?

I decided to drop my assisting lifts on this Wave and the next just to make sure I'm completely fresh for my big lifts and to allow me to really push my lifts before Jan.

I'm still doing my assisting lifts on weeks 1, 2, and 4. I'll be back to doing them every wave once Jan hits.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Nov 25, 12 ~ Leg Day

Went in today not 100% how my back would feel when the weight got heavy so I didn't get overzealous about my last set. I did make a 15lbs jump which I think was great. It was more than my standard 10lbs jump. I also dropped my assisting lifts and just back squatted. I would have front squatted but I forgot to write my numbers so I didn't front squat which was probably a good thing since my back didn't get to taxed.

I'm not sure if I'm going to take my next week deload week off. I've been thinking since I went over 100% on my main lifts a week off would be a smart move. That way I can push for PR's next month's Wave 5 Week 3.

Here's what I did....

WAVE 4 WEEK 3
LEG DAY:

Back Squat (PL)~ 315lbsX3, 405lbsX1, 455lbsX1, 495lbsX1, 515lbsX1
Wore knee sleeves for 405lbs, 455lbs and wore loose knee wraps 495, and 515. I liked the way I wrapped my knees this time. I wrap them out, top - down, and than cross them over the knee after I get to the bottom.

Shoulder Prehab: stick stretch, scap motion, wall angel, sea turtle

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Well.... I haven't heard anything from the gym I'm hoping to train at. I know I'm being impatient so I need to chill and give them some time. It is the holidays so I'll take a deep breath and chill the fuck out.

I do hope to hear something from them this coming week while I'm off from the gym. I decided to take my deload week off.

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
Nice squatting and glad the back gave no issues. I am a fan of taking the deload week off since it stops me from getting retarded and trying to lift like it wasnt a deload :D

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic