Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Protein

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
often overlooked, chicken gizzards tend to be a cheap lean protein, slow cook for several hours to make tender, change water a couple times to tone down the organ taste if that matters to you.

Oh man... chicken gizzards. I haven't had some good gizzards in a long time. There used to be a chicken place south of me that sold these "hot and spicy" gizzards that I'd just make myself sick eating so many. I gotta have some now. Lot of times the packs will have some "bonus" hearts.

Ouroboros

Ouroboros

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2018
Oh man... chicken gizzards. I haven't had some good gizzards in a long time. There used to be a chicken place south of me that sold these "hot and spicy" gizzards that I'd just make myself sick eating so many. I gotta have some now. Lot of times the packs will have some "bonus" hearts.
I remember those hearts, cheap fuckers stopped adding them some time ago unfortunately

P

Pbzepintx

Jul 12, 2023
I appreciate all the protein tips and I'll definitely utilize them but the problem is solved. As mentioned in the anabolic forum I have a really high metabolism and tren is making it worse. My appetite has tanked and I'm dropping the tren. It's not for me. ESPECIALLY in a bulk. As the long ester is kicking in my appetite has become worse and worse. I lost 8 pounds in a week.

The good news is that if I ever need to enter a contest I know how to shave 10 pounds. Quick. Lol

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
I would greatly appreciate it if you could point me in the direction of someone who might be willing to work with me, but if you're uncomfortable doing so since I'm so new I would be glad to wait for those introductions. I'm not going anywhere.
So I don't put someone on the spot, I would post in training or general forum. Anyone that contacts you, you should review their old posts and interactions with people. The person (s) I'm thinking of are regular posters, so it will be obvious.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
You are using the pressure cook option, so you are limited on how much you can put in there. I use the slow cook option on high for 8 hours. You can pretty much fill it till its full. I usually put about 4 lbs in and just put enough water in there until it covers most of the chicken.

For fish, I usually use some sort of creole or Jamaican jerk seasoning.

Your method was superior.

1. Chicken was uniformly cooked top to bottom and spices were evenly distributed throughout. If I put too much chicken in before, I'd get kind of a gradient, where chicken on the top would tend towards being overcooked.
2. No more stupid trivet. I hate cleaning that thing. Also, the pot itself is way easier to clean.
3. Even more tender and moist than pressure cook method, to the point it's likely going to affect the amount I'm able to weigh out.
4. Breaks apart even more easily, which I didn't think really possible. It was all completely shredded within seconds.

IMG_0954.jpg

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Your method was superior.

1. Chicken was uniformly cooked top to bottom and spices were evenly distributed throughout. If I put too much chicken in before, I'd get kind of a gradient, where chicken on the top would tend towards being overcooked.
2. No more stupid trivet. I hate cleaning that thing. Also, the pot itself is way easier to clean.
3. Even more tender and moist than pressure cook method, to the point it's likely going to affect the amount I'm able to weigh out.
4. Breaks apart even more easily, which I didn't think really possible. It was all completely shredded within seconds.

View attachment 14305
The only way I can hammer down 2 lbs of chicken a day! Glad you liked it.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
The only way I can hammer down 2 lbs of chicken a day! Glad you liked it.
I've been on a chicken kabob kick. Really mad mckormic discontinued the smokey habanero mango marinade. Been using spiceology dry rub but not the same.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
The Greek yogurt mix: 170g FF Greek Yogurt, 16g peanut powder, 17g whey concentrate, 1/2c powdered oats, 1T dry instant coffee, like a teas of cocoa, 1T splenda, a drizzle of SF chocolate syrup:

41g protein, 34g carbs, 6g fat.

***Again, adding more whey increases protein, as does adding more GY. Some days I use 240g of yogurt. If you add a small bit of water like 2oz, it may help with mixing, but it is not needed. I like mine thicker. I took pictures last night when I made some, and i'll post those below later today. You can use whole GY or add in olive oil as well if you want. I did not count the calories from the Splenda or cocoa again. I like adding the powdered oats and some salt as well, as they intensify the flavor, and the oats help thicken it. You may be able to add in egg whites, i'm not sure. I'll have to try it one of these days...but right now these fit what I need.

My other meals have higher protein in the....usually chicken/rice with like green beans or something, lol. Also I add in a post-w/o shake on training days.

Forgot to add the pictures, lol. Nothing exciting, but.......

1) All the ingredients.
2) Yogurt + Splenda + instant coffee.
3) Added the PB powder, lol.
4) Added the whey powder
5)Added the powdered oats

Attachments

• Yogurt 1.jpg
    Yogurt 1.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 46
  • yogurt 2.jpg
    yogurt 2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 47
  • yogurt 3.jpg
    yogurt 3.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 46
  • yogurt 5.jpg
    yogurt 5.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 43
  • yogurt 6.jpg
    yogurt 6.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 44
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Continued....

6) Added like 2oz of water and stirred it up. I like it thick.
7) All done with a dash of SF syrup.

Stick that in the fridge for a few hours or usually overnight for the next day. I make 2, but the one at night does not have any coffee, thankfully, lol.

Attachments

• yogurt 7.jpg
    yogurt 7.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 50
  • yogurt 8.jpg
    yogurt 8.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 46
beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Damn that looks delicious. Thanks for taking the time and effort for the pics. I'd be worried it would taste too good. Gonna grab ingredients for both recipes this weekend.

I still need to make those protein bars GF posted, but I know I will absolutely eat the entire pan so will have to be Sat evening.

Last edited:
Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
I struggle getting 150-200+ grams per day of protein, which I definitely need since I'm on cycle.

What are your favorite sources of cheap but quality (and tasty of course) protein?
I get 200-220g Protein a day easily.
I Eat 6 meals a day, 4oz of meat, 4 times a day. Eggs at breakfast, Greek yogurt before bed.
I do BBQ chicken breast. A marinade I like is olive oil, lemon juice, garlic crushed or powder, parsley fresh or dried, salt, pepper. Soak for 30-60min
I also do a ground beef and pork mix. 2 parts beef 1 park pork. Drain the fat. Add back in 1 cup water, 1 chicken and 1 beef boulian cube, parsley, garlic, onion, anchor chili pepper or any other favorite chilli pepper or cayenne pepper.
Let it cook slow on medium heat till it absorbed and gets a tad caramelized.
Those are my two favorites for meal prep.
I do whey iso post training and a Tbsp in my Greek yogurt to add flavor.
It's easy to hit your protein target just have to meal prep and eat it lol

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Damn that looks delicious. Thanks for taking the time and effort for the pics. I'd be worried it would taste too good. Gonna grab ingredients for both recipes this weekend.

I still need to make those protein bars GF posted, but I know I will absolutely eat the entire pan so will have to be Sat evening.
I have the one with coffee as my pre-training meal 1-2 hours prior. It gets digested easily, but on the slow side, but it doesn't lag in the gut for me, so I feel good when I train. It's easy to adjust the amounts up and down to fit your goals though. It's also super easy and quick for me to pull out of my lunchbox at work to eat. It takes me like 2-5 minutes to slam it down. I get off about an hour or so later and then go home and train.

The other one I have as my last meal, and I have 70-140g of frozen blueberries (and fish oil) with it (separate). I have more hunger issues at night than throughout the day, so I purposely cram my last 2 meals close to each other at the end of the night so it helps me feel a little fuller during this time.

I mean, if I ate it and then the wife brought home a couple double-doubles from In 'n Out or a large pizza, I would be able to eat those easily. However, I could eat any meal when cutting down and still be hungry to eat those foods, or a big bowl of ice cre4am afterward.....no matter what, lol:D

I will say that if you have heartburn issues, the higher protein with coffee and chocolate may trigger or exacerbate it some, but that varies person to person.

Anyway....:)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic