Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Protein

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
I'm going to try slow cooking the next time. I just pulled a 5.6oz breast out and just mashed it a bit with a fork, and it all came apart. Too hungry for any kind of elegance so just threw some Cholula hot sauce on it. I can also taste the Old Bay. Very good. I normally dump 1.5-2 cups of Frank's RedHot (Cholula this time) in a bowl and mix it all up for kind of a buffalo chicken thing. Not really all seasoning needed for buffalo chicken but good enough for me.
Do we have a cooking/recipe forum.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
You are using the pressure cook option, so you are limited on how much you can put in there. I use the slow cook option on high for 8 hours. You can pretty much fill it till its full. I usually put about 4 lbs in and just put enough water in there until it covers most of the chicken.

For fish, I usually use some sort of creole or Jamaican jerk seasoning.

One last question. Do you use the trivet when you slow cook? I hate cleaning that thing.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
Man, I really appreciate this. I really don't like fatty foods as it is. I was hoping that eating more fat wasn't the answer and I'm thankful that it doesn't seem to be.

I first saw someone put butter in their coffee for their keto diet and I gagged.

Don't like sweets. I'm the guy not eating cake at a kids birthday party.

The only thing I can really eat until I literally can't hold more food is pasta. I thought about switching for a whole grain because it has more protein, but its still not exactly a healthy choice to eat over a pound of pasta a day.
I put my peanut butter in the refrigerator. We have some personal trainers in here it may be advantages to work with them. They would eval diet, training, daily routine, and goals. They are more likely to ask the correct open ended questions. Is your metabolism high naturally or is there something you are doing to burn the cals(cardio, work, supplements)

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
You don't have the macro's of those two recipes, do you? Or have you done it so long you just kind of know how much and don't need to track anymore. I really need to diversify what I eat. That breakfast one sounds good and filling. I'm not a huge fan of Yogurt, but that sounds really good, too.
Yea, I have the macros, i'll post them here a little later. I'll try to add some pictures of what it looks like:)

P

Pbzepintx

Jul 12, 2023
I put my peanut butter in the refrigerator. We have some personal trainers in here it may be advantages to work with them. They would eval diet, training, daily routine, and goals. They are more likely to ask the correct open ended questions. Is your metabolism high naturally or is there something you are doing to burn the cals(cardio, work, supplements)
I would greatly appreciate it if you could point me in the direction of someone who might be willing to work with me, but if you're uncomfortable doing so since I'm so new I would be glad to wait for those introductions. I'm not going anywhere.

Yano

Yano

VIP Member
Sep 18, 2022
I am basically a dog , I can eat the same thing the same way from the same bowl for ever and not care. It's just fuel at this point.

My current daily intake while I'm cutting - 4 "meals" and a snack I fast and hit my cardio in the morning first meal is at noon. Fats I get from adding some olive oil to my chicken after its cooked and I make sure I don't leave any behind with a half a slice of bread.

2 shakes with skim milk - 520 cals - 76 protein

12 oz of chicken [ roughly 1 breast split for 2 meals ] 562 cals - 105 protein

8oz milk with each chicken meal - 160 cals - 16 protein

Oikos Greek Yogurt - 150 cals - 15 protein

Grand Total - 1392 Cals - 212 protein - you can fill in the rest to your calorie limit with carbs n fats.

I'm running a 2k cal limit right now so I fill in the rest with creamer in my coffee , maybe a slice or two of whole wheat bread with a meal or toast with the breakfast shake.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
You don't have the macro's of those two recipes, do you? Or have you done it so long you just kind of know how much and don't need to track anymore. I really need to diversify what I eat. That breakfast one sounds good and filling. I'm not a huge fan of Yogurt, but that sounds really good, too.
So the morning protein drink: 8oz almond milk, 16g peanut powder, 8oz pasteurized egg whites, 17g whey concentrate:
46g protein, 7g carbs, 7g fat

**I did not count any calories for the coffee, splenda, and cocoa. They are pretty minor for the portions I use. Although, if you really wanted to, I guess maybe about 5g carbs extra. You can obviously use water, milk, or whatever to boost the calories up, as well as add more protein powder. I'd normally use more whey, but i'm like most right now with a budget for the time being, lol.

The Greek yogurt mix: 170g FF Greek Yogurt, 16g peanut powder, 17g whey concentrate, 1/2c powdered oats, 1T dry instant coffee, like a teas of cocoa, 1T splenda, a drizzle of SF chocolate syrup:

41g protein, 34g carbs, 6g fat.

***Again, adding more whey increases protein, as does adding more GY. Some days I use 240g of yogurt. If you add a small bit of water like 2oz, it may help with mixing, but it is not needed. I like mine thicker. I took pictures last night when I made some, and i'll post those below later today. You can use whole GY or add in olive oil as well if you want. I did not count the calories from the Splenda or cocoa again. I like adding the powdered oats and some salt as well, as they intensify the flavor, and the oats help thicken it. You may be able to add in egg whites, i'm not sure. I'll have to try it one of these days...but right now these fit what I need.

My other meals have higher protein in the....usually chicken/rice with like green beans or something, lol. Also I add in a post-w/o shake on training days.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Breakfast:
16oz ribeye steak and 6 eggs = 150 grams protein

Mid day:
Two scoops isopure in almond milk = 50 grams protein

Supper:
1 pound of hamburger w/cheese and maybe 2-3 fried eggs mixed in = 100 grams protein

Easy 300 grams of protein per day.

rAJJIN

rAJJIN

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 30, 2011
16 oz WITH 6 eggs = your a bad man.
That’s a hefty meal! People look at me crazy just ordering 6 eggs.

Ouroboros

Ouroboros

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2018
often overlooked, chicken gizzards tend to be a cheap lean protein, slow cook for several hours to make tender, change water a couple times to tone down the organ taste if that matters to you.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic