Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Protein

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
It's on, now. Going to have no problem meeting protein today.

IMG_0958.png

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I feel high after experiencing such tender deliciousness...

No hearts, though. Jackasses.

So yea. I paid a dear price for my gluttony. I picked up a giardia infection, not having cooked those gizzards well enough. Definitely in my "Top 3 of All Time" for being sick. I was out of commission all last week. I originally suspected salmonella and was just waiting it out, but when it wasn't getting better (along with some other key symptoms), I began to suspect giardia. So I assumed it was and dosed Flagyl at 2g/day for three days. By the second day of Flagyl, it was a huge difference, so regardless of actual illness, the Flagyl turned it around in short order. I keep shitloads of Cipro and Flagyl on hand for just this very reason. I hadn't been sick in a very long time, but this was self-inflicted.

Back to the gym this week. Strength was alright, but endurance took a huge hit. Gasping and had to scale sets.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
So yea. I paid a dear price for my gluttony. I picked up a giardia infection, not having cooked those gizzards well enough. Definitely in my "Top 3 of All Time" for being sick. I was out of commission all last week. I originally suspected salmonella and was just waiting it out, but when it wasn't getting better (along with some other key symptoms), I began to suspect giardia. So I assumed it was and dosed Flagyl at 2g/day for three days. By the second day of Flagyl, it was a huge difference, so regardless of actual illness, the Flagyl turned it around in short order. I keep shitloads of Cipro and Flagyl on hand for just this very reason. I hadn't been sick in a very long time, but this was self-inflicted.

Back to the gym this week. Strength was alright, but endurance took a huge hit. Gasping and had to scale sets.
I understand, I eat my steak blue and cold. I should probably get tested for parasites every few months.

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
I struggle getting 150-200+ grams per day of protein, which I definitely need since I'm on cycle.

What are your favorite sources of cheap but quality (and tasty of course) protein?
Sounds like you maybe not a bug meal prepper cause 200g is an easy task in a day of 4-6 meals
Prep up a ground meat mix. I do 2 to 1 ratio lean beef and lean pork ground. Drain fat and add water to steam off any excess fat lingering, drain again then add back boulian and your favorite spices with about a 3/4cup water and simmer till the liquid is gone.
Then I prep up about 6 chicken breats on the BBQ.
That keeps me a good 2 or 3 days. You should be able to find time to meal prep twice a week or once and put half in the freezer.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic