Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

People that stare

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I had a lady staring at me once. I finally asked her what she was looking at. She commented that she was just in see of the weight I was moving.
I apologized to her. I felt like a huge asshole. Maybe they are just impressed by your physique or lifts

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I had a lady staring at me once. I finally asked her what she was looking at. She commented that she was just in see of the weight I was moving.
I apologized to her. I felt like a huge asshole. Maybe they are just impressed by your physique or lifts

WOW!! RR you really are mean. Poor lady probably never went to a gym again.....

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Mar 19, 2012
What the hell is the deal with this? I absolutely hate when people stare more than anything. It makes me completely furious! Are people just really dumb and think it's ok to do this?

I'm just really having trouble understanding how people just openly stare at you even after they see you stare back with a "I'm going to make you choke on a grenade" kind of look. This has happened way more than usual lately, and normally it happens a lot anyway. I'm no freak, pretty decent looking, no hulk by any means but fit, no weir deformities lol what the hell is it about. Does this happen to any of you and how do you feel about it? I know some people it just doesn't bother and they say let them stare. I wish I could do that, I want to immediately face fuk them with a shovel.

Something that ends it for me, bro. I simply wave at them and say HI. That way, you've acknowledged their constant stare.
If they say something dumb (i.e., "Why you wave at me? I don't know you.), I then tell them, "Then why are you staring at me like a retard?" That often caused other people in the area to stare at them.

My wife and I moved in the ghetto slum part of L.A. (not exactly by choice) and many have said that "we don't belong here" because it's obvious that we didn't grow up in this kind of area. We're always getting stared at by the friends of other tenants. To which case, I wave at them. One time, a young teen girl was staring and when I waved, she told her friend, "Why the **** is he waving at me?" Her friend, a tenant, asked her, "Why the **** do you keep looking at him? He's just a man who lives here."

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Typically I bust their balls where it's funny and quasi insulting.....they either have a sense of humor and we laugh it off or they go back into their shell out of fear that I'll do something.....I have a funny way of delivering a message to someone that I'm not fond of...

...I get dudes that are bigger and more seasoned than me that think I'm nuts because of the way I look and talk.....more of a Stifler personna really ...POB if you see this- remember CJM when you convinced me to squat when I didn't have clothes and had to run to the store because you nor DP didn't bring shorts? lol.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
This thread confuses me.
You are doing bodybuilding, a sport thats all about how you look then you get upset when people look at you for the way you look?

Maybe its time to find another sport or get mental help.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Hey. I get stared at all the time. Not because I have muscles like you, but because I look different than most of the people around me. I think people wonder what I am doing there but are afraid to ask. This has more to do with my work than anything else although I am damn handsome. I am getting used to it. If I get this new job, I will have to clean up at least at first.

when I was big, I didn't really realize it because I thought I was small. My wife would have to remind me.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Or this guy who I caught taking phone pics of me, when I snapped this I yelled "now we're even!" And he quick and turned... Then I shot a front double bi at him and he left...

hahah genius

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
LOL I just saw this thread. It used to piss me off too, I just embrace it now. We look different. We look the way they wanna look. We lift things they can't fathom that we are lifting. The leaner I get, the bigger I look and the fewer sleeves I wear and they are gonna stare or make stupid comments. I just laugh now. I'll get a few cougars in the gym that even swing by for a feel every once in a while. It's all good :)

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I take it as a compliment and roll on my friend:p

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
This thread confuses me.
You are doing bodybuilding, a sport thats all about how you look then you get upset when people look at you for the way you look?

Maybe its time to find another sport or get mental help.

Cool story bro

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I get "the stare" from time to time. It's like the commercial that I see from time to time..."When you're wearing an eye patch, people think you're tough. And when they think you're tough, they want to know just how tough."

When you have muscle, they are curious how tough you are. I just tell people "I do this to look pretty. I'm not tough at all. Tell you what, I'll just forfeit this win right now and you can have it without throwing a punch. That's how not tough I am"

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I get "the stare" from time to time. It's like the commercial that I see from time to time..."When you're wearing an eye patch, people think you're tough. And when they think you're tough, they want to know just how tough."

When you have muscle, they are curious how tough you are. I just tell people "I do this to look pretty. I'm not tough at all. Tell you what, I'll just forfeit this win right now and you can have it without throwing a punch. That's how not tough I am"

Haha nice approach. And dead on with the commercial reference

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic