Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Liver supplements....

Stinky Tofu

Stinky Tofu

Aug 3, 2013
dandelion root. eat green stuff. any foods and herbs that are very bitter. turmeric

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
The only thing that really works in my experience is liv 52 (normal or ds version), NAC and Liver fix. Nothing else.

Stinky Tofu

Stinky Tofu

Aug 3, 2013
why do people on bb'ing boards get boners for Liv52? I never hear it mentioned outside of bb'ing circles. Are there any scientific studies or papers on it? When I first heard people going apeshit over it I assumed it must be some pharmaceutical for patients with liver failure or something. Its a bunch of herbs. Why is this herb pill better than other "liver-cleansing" herb pills? Im not talking about anecdotal evidence. real evidence

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
why do people on bb'ing boards get boners for Liv52? I never hear it mentioned outside of bb'ing circles. Are there any scientific studies or papers on it? When I first heard people going apeshit over it I assumed it must be some pharmaceutical for patients with liver failure or something. Its a bunch of herbs. Why is this herb pill better than other "liver-cleansing" herb pills? Im not talking about anecdotal evidence. real evidence

Because it's being used on clinics all over the world for it effectiveness and potency. Herbs have amazing healing and detoxyfying properties and are absolutely safe to use. Of course big pharma doesn't want you to know this because it translates to less profit for them but that's a different subject.

I can speak from personal experience as I said above.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
N ACETYL L CYSTEINE is affective without R ala.... It is used commonly to treat toxic levels of NSAIDS in the medical field ...

Stinky Tofu

Stinky Tofu

Aug 3, 2013
Because it's being used on clinics all over the world for it effectiveness and potency. Herbs have amazing healing and detoxyfying properties and are absolutely safe to use. Of course big pharma doesn't want you to know this because it translates to less profit for them but that's a different subject.

I can speak from personal experience as I said above.

you said that you had elevated liver enzymes(but that was to be expected.) Some clinics may use it, but where is the evidence or trials?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12499076

Abstract
Liv.52, a hepatoprotective agent of herbal origin, is used empirically for the treatment of alcoholic liver disease in Sri Lanka. We conducted a controlled trial to assess the efficacy of Liv.52 in patients with alcoholic liver disease. Patients with evidence of alcoholic liver disease attending outpatient clinics were included in a prospective, double blind, randomized, placebo controlled trial. During the trial period, 80 patients who fulfilled inclusion criteria were randomly assigned Liv.52 (cases; n = 40) or placebo (controls) the recommended dose of three capsules twice daily for 6 months. All patients underwent clinical examination (for which a clinical score was computed), and laboratory investigations for routine blood chemistry and liver function before commencement of therapy (baseline). Thereafter, clinical assessments were done monthly for 6 months, while laboratory investigations were done after 1 and 6 months of therapy. There was no significant difference in the age composition, alcohol intake and baseline liver function between the two groups. The two-sample t-test was used to analyze data obtained after 1 and 6 months of therapy against baseline values. There was no significant difference in clinical outcome and liver chemistry between the two groups at any time point. There were no reports of adverse effects attributable to the drug. Our results suggest that Liv.52 may not be useful in the management of patients with alcohol induced liver disease.

V

Vick

MuscleHead
Jun 13, 2012
so what have people found to be effective doses?

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
Well, TUDCA is probably the single most relevant liver supp for oral anabolic use. It should be dosed on cycle at 500mg minimum, up to a gram.

NAC, generally from 400mg to a gram on cycle.

Phosphatidylcholine from 400mg up to a gram

Those are the big ones. :)

TheWig

TheWig

Dec 13, 2014
As far as liver health, a few of the major supplements have been named above. However I am surprised that Glutathione hasn't been mentioned. Milk thistle and NAC both help to boost Glutathione levels, translating into improved liver health and cellular detoxification.
I have done quite a bit of reading on Glutathione, it is commonly used as a liver / immune health supplement, but more and more articles are coming out talking about the fitness benefits. Something worth checking into if you are concerned with liver health or want to optimize the recovery process.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic