Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Liver supplements....

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
Liv52 DS, Milk Thristle, ALA, Liver Longer and a few more that I don't recall now.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
NAC and ALA are my main go to's liv52 can be added if you're feeling extra cautious. The studies on milk thistle are often flawed or not very applicable to our use. Personally it's not something I would rely on for my liver care.

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
NAC and ALA are my main go to's liv52 can be added if you're feeling extra cautious. The studies on milk thistle are often flawed or not very applicable to our use. Personally it's not something I would rely on for my liver care.

That's what iv'e heard about milk thistle.Seems like NAC/ALA is the way to go,that's what I use.

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
NAC for da liver and hawthorne berry for the blood pressure

Lil Ed

Lil Ed

VIP Member
Jul 15, 2011
NAC/R-ALA specially in the evening when the Liver does most of its healing overnight.

Carnosine for liver enzymes and also a good addition for guys that have a drink or two on cycles

Liver protection from the harm of alcohol abuse
The effect of carnosine pretreatment on oxidative stress and hepatotoxicity in binge ethanol administered rats.
Hum Exp Toxicol. 20101. Artun B, Küskü-Kiraz Z, Gulluoglu M, Cevikbas U, Koçak-Toker N, Uysal M. Department of Biochemistry, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, 34093, Istanbul, Turkey.
Oxidative stress plays an important role in pathogenesis of alcohol-induced liver injury. In this study, we investigated the effect of carnosine pretreatment on ethanol-induced oxidative stress and hepatotoxicity. Rats were given carnosine (2 g/L in drinking water) for 4 weeks and then ethanol was administered orally to rats at a dose of 5 g/kg every 12 hours for 3 doses totally (binge model). Plasma alanine (ALT) and aspartate (AST) transaminase activities and liver triglyceride, malondialdehyde (MDA), diene conjugate (DC), glutathione (GSH), vitamin E and vitamin C levels and superoxide dismutase (SOD), glutathione peroxidase (GSH-Px) and glutathione transferase (GST) activities were determined. Binge ethanol administration resulted in significant increases in plasma transaminase activities, hepatic triglyceride and lipid peroxide levels. However, GSH, vitamin E, vitamin C levels and GSH-Px and GST activities were found to be decreased following ethanol administration. Macromicrovesicular steatosis was also seen. Carnosine pretreatment appeared to prevent the increase of plasma ALT and AST activities and hepatic MDA and DC levels following ethanol treatment. In addition, hepatic GSH levels increased, but there were no changes in triglyceride, vitamin E, vitamin C levels and SOD, GSH-Px and GST activities, following ethanol treatment in carnosine-pretreated rats. There was also no change in liver histopathological appearance. In conclusion, carnosine prevented the increases in serum transaminase activities and lipid peroxides in liver of ethanol-treated rats, without any change on steatosis in liver.

Research Overview | GeroNova

^^^ They have information and high quality products on Lipoic Acid but prices are so so.

Last edited:
S

sabagoy

VIP Member
Jun 2, 2011
Man Power sells a great liver supp and its cheap...i use 1 cap am and 1 cap pm.

LIVER AID / SUPPORT ( 50CT )

Per Pill:

Choline Bitartrate 100mg
Alpha-Lipoic Acid 100mg
Vitamin E (as D-Alpha Tocopherol) 40IU
N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC) 400mg
Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 20mcg
Andrographis Paniculata Extract 25mg
Picrorrhiza Kurroa Extract 25mg
Proprietary Silymarin Blend Milk Thistle 100mg

cooljames

cooljames

Jul 27, 2011
NAC/LIV52/HAWTHORN BERRY....been doing this combo for years. Used to take milk thistle, until i read some study that stated it does very little to help the liver. CJ

luvthetest

luvthetest

Jan 27, 2011
NAC ALA...best liver protector there is...and it dont have to be R-ALA not a lotta diff just the price.

lennon

lennon

Aug 11, 2011
any good nac/ala products to lookinto? inclusive of the one stated above. =)

S

sartac

May 12, 2012
Looking at liv52 and PP liver juice, any advice? I'm avoiding NAC due to its mucolytic effects, mostly GI disturbance from messing with the mucosal lining..

SJA

SJA

MuscleHead
Feb 24, 2011
any good nac/ala products to lookinto? inclusive of the one stated above. =)

As long as you get 1000 - 1200mg of NAC there are a lot of them out there that are reputable. With respect to ALA, I was involved with guinea pigging this (Gerenova) back in the day. When I was taking the standard ALA, I had it in powder form. I was capping my own and sometimes would just dump powder in my mouth. That was the worst esophageal pain of my life. I started to notice black specs in the powder and assumed it to be moisture oxidizing the ALA. After talking to the scientists about the pain from swallowing the powder, they told me that ALA in plain form will polymerize (turn to plastic) and that was possibly the cause of the pain as it was getting stuck in my esophagus.
They also found that standard ALA (which is a combination of S and R isomers) converted mostly to the S version which is the unnatural one and does not have mitochondrial benefits. They soon developed a version KR-ALA which is the potassium bound version and the absorption of the R isomer was greatly enhanced. Later they came out with a lower cost sodium bound version NAR-ALA which is readily available today. This is what I would recommend.

C

cesar

Aug 31, 2013
I have problems too with my liver and my blood pressure, so you recommend me liv52 and hawthorn berry during a cycle with winny, deca, and susta?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic