Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Live chickens

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
I grew up in a city....I'm not in tune with the farmer's lifestyle or something short of it for supplemental usage.

Forgive my ignorance.

FUkk you IC.

Im not a hill billy either this is all kind of new to me... Also you don't need a farm or even large property raising chickens is getting popular in the burbs in small back yards so I'm finding out.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Im not a hill billy either this is all kind of new to me... Also you don't need a farm or even large property raising chickens is getting popular in the burbs in small back yards so I'm finding out.
I am educated and sophisticated... so that makes me a Hill William... so fuk you both very much....

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Did I mention I have a chicken plucker? It is the most amazing thing. Plucks a bird in 30 seconds!

And it is in high demand. All my friends want to borrow it all the time. . .

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Did I mention I have a chicken plucker? It is the most amazing thing. Plucks a bird in 30 seconds!

And it is in high demand. All my friends want to borrow it all the time. . .

That sounds pretty cool, they expensive or is it somthing you make?
my hen survived the night I'm letting her roam around today and I let her roam close to my dogs on a chain but she wasn't acting to scared that kind of concerns me because my dogs were licking there chops lol...
i said "psst pssst get gem" and they starting crying and barking for me to let them lose on her lol
i dug up a couple rolly Polly's for the chics but they just looked at them. So far I'm not impressed with there intellect lol.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Baby chicks are different from adult chickens. They want to see another bird eat something new before they will try it for the first time. An adult will try it right away if it looks juicy and tasty (in the eyes of a chicken).

Pawghunter

Pawghunter

MuscleHead
Jul 1, 2014
I had chickens when I was a kid. We just used to let them roam around and during night they would come in the barn with the horses. They had a designated area that they used to lay their eggs. The eggs I remember feeling soft when you picked them, if they were recently layed. We started to losing them to a coyote one summer when I was about 9. So I spent hours laying in wait for that coyote. I finally got him one day, I wounded him but ran out of ammo and instead of running in the house to get more i grabbed a cant dog (logging tool) and finished him off with that. Sweet memories.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Where you're at G heat is going to be more of a problem than cold. Chickens are pretty hardy to the cold but heat can be a problem. That's plenty big run area but you def gotta tighten up the coop. raccons, coyoteas AND skunks will kill em quick. One Rooster can be a big hel pwith that but get the eggs out quick after layin
UHC is right, even tho he is a big puss....but if you'e gonna eat em..gotta get them at 3-6 monhs or they're tough. get ''Broilers'' if you want fresh chicken mmmm mmmm good!! Yea after they're done layin it's usually off with their heads or if you hav enough room let em free range and nature can take it's course.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
I had chickens when I was a kid. We just used to let them roam around and during night they would come in the barn with the horses. They had a designated area that they used to lay their eggs. The eggs I remember feeling soft when you picked them, if they were recently layed. We started to losing them to a coyote one summer when I was about 9. So I spent hours laying in wait for that coyote. I finally got him one day, I wounded him but ran out of ammo and instead of running in the house to get more i grabbed a cant dog (logging tool) and finished him off with that. Sweet memories.

Lol how did you wait up all night with out enough amo?
Glad you got em I hope I don't have any issues but I prolly will.. I hear donkys make good protectors maybe gman will sell me his when he's done doing shows with it lol.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Where you're at G heat is going to be more of a problem than cold. Chickens are pretty hardy to the cold but heat can be a problem. That's plenty big run area but you def gotta tighten up the coop. raccons, coyoteas AND skunks will kill em quick. One Rooster can be a big hel pwith that but get the eggs out quick after layin
UHC is right, even tho he is a big puss....but if you'e gonna eat em..gotta get them at 3-6 monhs or they're tough. get ''Broilers'' if you want fresh chicken mmmm mmmm good!! Yea after they're done layin it's usually off with their heads or if you hav enough room let em free range and nature can take it's course.

I want a rooster but my neibor witch is like a mile away was complaining about my dog barking pfffft so I'd rather jus not have one than to deal with it... There old tho there like 50 so they will be dead soon and I'll get a rooster lol.
Ya I like woodsy idea about the stew or soup I know you don't really eat the layers but I would like to get some broilers... Maybe I'll just buy fertilized eggs and get a hen that will hatch them idk

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Glad we could help. If you get to the point you need advice with choking them turbofag is a master at choking chickens.

Pawghunter

Pawghunter

MuscleHead
Jul 1, 2014
Lol how did you wait up all night with out enough amo?
Glad you got em I hope I don't have any issues but I prolly will.. I hear donkys make good protectors maybe gman will sell me his when he's done doing shows with it lol.

I had a mini 14 with a mag loaded. I hit him with my last round. My old man only let me have just the 5 round magazine. It was really my fault, I missed him on the first shot and then he took off, luckily I was able to make to put two rounds in him. He was creeping in and I was impatient and took my first shot when he was about 75 yards out or so. I was up on the hayloft shooting down on him and I shot over him. He then took off and I unloaded on his ass. Next thing you know I was out of ammo. I attribute my poor planning to my young age. I think I was 10 actually not 9 when this took place.

On and I love donkeys. I always wanted a Sicilian donkey as a pet.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic