Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Ice baths

B

Bilter

VIP Member
Jun 7, 2011
so many benefits to it, physical and pshycological but damned. I fukkin hate cold water. Some day I plan to force my self but Im not starting w 35 degree water... maybe 50 and work down. The brown fat formation alone intrigues me enough to want to do it. Beyong that I am in the sauna 3-5 times per week and have found that to highly beneficial as well.

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
I have a cold plunge on my back porch, use it multiple times a week. Naturally is good for injury and inflammation. The thing I like most is the dopamine that it releases. I do it an hour before jiu jitsu 4x a week and I feel great with a lot more energy when I hit the mats. The first several times suck until you build up some adaptation. 3 - 5 min is all you need.
How long you been training?

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
I grew up in the pacific ocean, 52-62 degrees in the winter.... i pass. But I do live where it gets to 125 sometimes, so on those days you pray for cold water because your shower water is 85 -90 degrees all summer. I blend up ice with some water and pour it over my head often in the summer ....

A

AlphaMale!

VIP Member
Dec 11, 2022
I go hiking in the woods three times every week in 35-45 Fahrenheit weather with nothing but a pair of running shorts and shoes.
The first ten minutes I spend cursing at myself for being such an idiot but once I get my blood pumping I can feel the heat energy from burning calories and then I settle in real quick after that initial shock.
It’s great for cardio.
The cold air will really open your lungs up and you can burn fat much faster in frigid weather.
I couldn’t just stand in a freezing shower or lay in a cold immersion tank like Joe Rogan does.
I gotta be moving and building heat energy at the same time or it’s just plain pointless suffering, imo.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I have a cold plunge on my back porch, use it multiple times a week. Naturally is good for injury and inflammation. The thing I like most is the dopamine that it releases. I do it an hour before jiu jitsu 4x a week and I feel great with a lot more energy when I hit the mats. The first several times suck until you build up some adaptation. 3 - 5 min is all you need.
Yeah, that dopamine rush I think is what my buddy likes so much about them too.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Id like to try it. Having so many issues with Osteoarthritis, muscle pain, ect ect. I think it could be really beneficial. But I would do as Bilter said and start out at maybe 50-60 deg. and work down. Especially after working out. I would think a sauna session before working out and an ice water session after would be optimal.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I started doing cold plunges a couple of years ago. The coldest I go is around 40-45 degree water. Otherwise it just feels like dull pins on your skin in ice water and doesn’t feel great. It Helps with stress and healing. If you’re showering in the AM, slowly bring it over to cold and start with a minute. Look up Wim Hof and learn proper breathing and how to start out.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Yeah, that dopamine rush I think is what my buddy likes so much about them too.
Very noticeable. One point to make is that after the plunge, do not sit around idly. Keep moving, even a light walk to get the blood circulating. Any time I am not active after a plunge I tend to get stiff. Move for at least 10 - 15 min afterwards is what works for me.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I started doing cold plunges a couple of years ago. The coldest I go is around 40-45 degree water. Otherwise it just feels like dull pins on your skin in ice water and doesn’t feel great. It Helps with stress and healing. If you’re showering in the AM, slowly bring it over to cold and start with a minute. Look up Wim Hof and learn proper breathing and how to start out.
That is my temp range as well.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic