Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Ice baths

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
What’s everyone’s thought on ice baths, mostly hype and fad or legit as they say? I know cold therapy can be good for injury recovery, inflammation, etc but what about the “cold shock proteins” and the long list of claims of heart health, decreased chance of dementia, decreased chance of cancer, life longevity, etc etc

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
I gut a buddy that swears showering with the coldest water you can get is fantastic. I’ll be honest, I’m not interested in finding out. I know it’s not the same but kind of related.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Pretty sure that ice baths cured ALS a few years back. Don’t hear much about it anymore.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Tried cold showers and baths and to me the suffering wasn't worth it. Freezing cold and then I got a huge metabolic flush when out. Felt terrible overall systemically.

Reactions: CFM
Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I have a buddy at work that got all into it. Made his own outside that’s refrigerated or something. He loves how it makes him feel afterwards. Says it takes a few minutes to get used to it at first. That was last summer. I bet he hasn’t been in all winter. Lol. I need to ask him.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Before all this ice bath shit I used to go out shirtless in a pair of shorts with shoes on and bury myself in the snow for a few minutes back and front.

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
Fuck that. Was all about it till I tried it. Ummm not for me. NOW if you ask about sauna therapy? Hell yeah. That works for me

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
They seem like a hassle unless you buy a self cooling one but they’re expensive and I’m not sure I’d like it enough to justify the cost. I’ll just stick to my sauna until more scientifically proven results come out.

Reactions: CFM
S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I have a cold plunge on my back porch, use it multiple times a week. Naturally is good for injury and inflammation. The thing I like most is the dopamine that it releases. I do it an hour before jiu jitsu 4x a week and I feel great with a lot more energy when I hit the mats. The first several times suck until you build up some adaptation. 3 - 5 min is all you need.

Tiny

Tiny

Dec 12, 2011
I don’t care about any perceived benefits. Cold water sucks. it’s not for me, but I have a buddy that does it. Has a chest freezer full of water that he keeps frigid cold and does them regularly. i won’t even get in a pool that’s less than 90°.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic