Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Greg's "Old Balls" Journal... or... Take that young people!

Gregger

Gregger

MuscleHead
Dec 16, 2012
Yeah buddy...
I may boast and brag a bit about my training, but I don't just do it for my ego... I want to be here to play sports with the little buggers later on.
Be at their weddings, etc... you get it I know!

Gregger

Gregger

MuscleHead
Dec 16, 2012
greg that is an awesome story... I tell SO MANY people all the time "with a little exercise you can drop those med's"

All it takes is dedication and hard work... and i agree with you... you may not be the biggest most chiseled guy on the bolck... but your dedication is second to none!

GREAT WORK!

--IC

So many folks just give up... I have to live this lifestyle for my health. I wish more would take it serious...

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I like the simply no bull crap workouts Gregger. Good to know I have something to look forward to when I'm older as well. Wish my own father could figure it out though. He's on a medication for every PREVENTABLE chronic disease there is short of diabetes... I'm sure that's next though.

Gregger

Gregger

MuscleHead
Dec 16, 2012
Thx PoB!
I try and keep the routine's simple, no one legged squats on a fitness ball, etc... been there done that.
I go in, I pick them up and put them down and towel off... simple...
When I feel strong going into a sesh I'll fill it with volume, at 52 I have no delusions of competing against Kai or Phil LOL!
My Dad did dialysis the last 18mo of his life... you want a wake up call? go check out the old dudes in the chairs... perspective!
Your Dad is prolly like mine was... stubborn old coot! He took care of so many folks, everyone but himself...
I used to tell him that he can't help folks if he's not around... answer - "too late for me..." BS! I refuse to believe that...

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Thx PoB!
I try and keep the routine's simple, no one legged squats on a fitness ball, etc... been there done that.
I go in, I pick them up and put them down and towel off... simple...
When I feel strong going into a sesh I'll fill it with volume, at 52 I have no delusions of competing against Kai or Phil LOL!
My Dad did dialysis the last 18mo of his life... you want a wake up call? go check out the old dudes in the chairs... perspective!
Your Dad is prolly like mine was... stubborn old coot! He took care of so many folks, everyone but himself...
I used to tell him that he can't help folks if he's not around... answer - "too late for me..." BS! I refuse to believe that...

I love it no one legged squats on a fitness ball, I like to call that shit Cross fuck!!! I really dislike that cult! Keep it up Greg!

Gregger

Gregger

MuscleHead
Dec 16, 2012
I have 2 gyms I belong... one is a club gym (classes, PT,etc...) and the other a big box "open" type (Lifetime Fitness).
The LTF gym has recently moved out or relocated a bunch of equip to make room for a huge ass jungle gym looking apparatus for the cross fitters (my guess), it's causing a huge commotion with the lifter types!
I know it's popular, blah, blah, blah... It's bound to be a mess after the 1st I'm guessing with all of the trainers there with their new "resolution" clients!

crvjim

crvjim

Nov 29, 2011
I relate,when I retired 178 lbs,23 % body fat,35 inch waist,borderline diabetic and on blood pressure pills.I have been working out 4 years now and 153 lbs,15 % body fat,29 inch waist,no pills or meds.O and by the way I am 61 years old and just starting have a 4 pack going to get a SIX pack or die trying.I now work out 7 days a week 4 days split routines,1 day supersets,1 day compound sets and cardio everyday.

Gregger

Gregger

MuscleHead
Dec 16, 2012
I relate,when I retired 178 lbs,23 % body fat,35 inch waist,borderline diabetic and on blood pressure pills.I have been working out 4 years now and 153 lbs,15 % body fat,29 inch waist,no pills or meds.O and by the way I am 61 years old and just starting have a 4 pack going to get a SIX pack or die trying.I now work out 7 days a week 4 days split routines,1 day supersets,1 day compound sets and cardio everyday.

That's pretty awesome!
Always a good thing to dump the meds! What type of cardio are you doing? I could not do cardio everyday, I do cardio about 2x's per week, unless it was outdoor type... I get bored easy on a TM or elliptical... But when forced indoors I'm spending about 10min on HIIT after a lift session, or, on off lifting days I do about 20min of HIIT tops...

Don't forget to add weight to your lifting... And make sure you're getting ample recovery time!

Thanks for stopping by!

Greg

Last edited:
Gregger

Gregger

MuscleHead
Dec 16, 2012
It's Friday and you know what that means...

EZ Bar Curl - 3x8
Super Set = DB Incline Curl - 3x8

Smith Mach Close Grip Bench - 3x8
Smith Mach Reverse close Grip - 3x8

Alt Seated Hammer Curls - 3x8
Super Set = Stand Hammer Curls - 3x8

Cable Cross Body Tri Ext - 3x8
Super Set = Diamond Pushups to Fail - 3 sets

One Arm High Cable Curl - 3x8

crvjim

crvjim

Nov 29, 2011
I average 1600 km on the the treadmill per year,i don't get bored just crank up the music.As far as recovery time all body parts are worked 2X a week but I don't do heavy weights anymore - (bench press 2x80 lb dumbells 20 second rest between sets 4 sets of 12 reps).After 4 years of trial and error and mistakes and injuries I have become the worlds leading expert on what works for me.My wife says most men want to die with a dumb blond in their hands but for me it would be a dumbell (sad but true)

All the best

Jim

Last edited:
Gregger

Gregger

MuscleHead
Dec 16, 2012
Exactly... Most guys buy a little red sport car, don a rug and go out and chase skirts...
I haven't got the time for that crap. My convertible is a Kawasaki, I shave my dome, and I spend most of my free time in the gym.

Greg

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I'm with ya on the outdoor cardio. Ill take a freezing rainy outdoor trail or hill any day of the week over an indoor cardio apparatus!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic