Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

For the dog experts

K

-KB-

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2010
If you like the dog the breed shouldn't matter good for you on saving a animal...

Except we have younger kids and a small, yappy dog. Just last week a young girl was mauled in her house by the family Pit Bull. Don't know the entire story but it's enough to make my wife freak out.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Looks like a Red Nose pitbull to me mixed with something else that im not sure of. But definitely has Red Nose in her/him. Beautiful dog.

R

Rai080

MuscleHead
Sep 11, 2013
Def not a full pit. I would say pit x mastiff. Not a boxer. I see the pit in the ear, snout, body posture and lips, but the mastiff in the lips, snout as well, and size. I have two pits my self. Awesome friendly dogs.

Last edited:
C

CBS

Jan 7, 2014
Looking to adopt this dog. Sweetest thing I've ever met. 3-4 years old and had had a litter. Since been fixed. Was abondoned and picked up by the SPCA. Said to be a Mastiff Boxer mix but I've had 3 people tell me that she has Pit Bull in her. Wife is freaking out now.

Thanks.

If your wife has reservations about this dog because it might be a Pit Bull, the two of you should read this article. It will be well worth your time.

The Heartbreaking American Pit Bull Statistics Everyone Needs to Know.
http://www.esquire.com/features/american-dog-0814

The most ubiquitous dog in the U. S.—the dog in whose face we see our collective reflection—is now the pit bull.

Which makes it curious that we as a culture kill as many as THREE THOUSAND of them per day.

THREE THOUSAND A DAY.

[AND, MOST OF US KNOW THAT IS LOW. INCLUDE THOSE ABUSED, TORTURED, ... THE NUMBERS ARE STAGGERING.]

Rfagazzi

Rfagazzi

MuscleHead
Mar 15, 2012
Pit for sure! Rescuing animals, pits in particular, are a second job for me. I say job, but it's really a passion. I have a brindle girl I rescued abandoned/tied to a stop sign that was a year old & already whored out. I aslo have a Great Dane/blue pit mix. He was 2 days from being put down. Pits are the most misunderstood breed out there. The stereotype on them is horrible. The love you will recieve from her will make you call her your daughter before long. Good luck on that beautiful girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
best dogs ever... if I could keep mine off the bed then it would be even better than that...

Baby (my all white red nose) always ends up sleeping in the bed. The funny thing is SS encouraged it in the beginning when she was a pup and now she's like can't you do something, lol.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
best dogs ever... if I could keep mine off the bed then it would be even better than that...
You should be cawk slapped again. Never utter that insult again..German Sheperds have won worlds best dog every year. Now go slap yourself for your insolence.

Ditto all, 100% american straffordshire terrier.
I'm snobby.

She and my man Diesel can make beautiful babies. View attachment 6346

Please DO NOT breed your animals. Look at the op's post. There are soooo many animals that are in shelters, death row terrible situations and stray. Don't add to the problem because they're ''cute''. Dont mean to bag on you but breeding is the cause of these,

She (Ginger) does like to lick. She let me open her mouth and check her teeth. When I tell you she is the sweetest animal I've ever met. Our 12 pound stupid Lhasa snapped at her and Ginger didn't do anything.

The current foster mom has fostered 17 dogs, 12 of which have been Pits. She says Ginger is not part Pit. Maybe I should get a DNA test done. There is an at home saliva test that you can send off for $80.

Thanks for the input.

Well things sound good as far as the dog BUT you're friend is flat out lying to you. That is a pit, part mixed whatever it is a pit. She's probably doing because of the stigma but you should ask her about it. While the dog is in her kennel or surrounding she how she reacts to loud and unexpected noises. You can drop a bucket or soemthing large enough to startle her. See what her reactions are. Raise your hand quickly like your going to straighten your hair. Have a kid or someone run past her while she's on a leash or kenneled. Check her reactions to these things, pay attention to her tail and her head posture. She sounds like a good dog but she is a fully developed adult and you need to know her traits. That and take your time introducing her to your home. Take her there for a outing and bring her back intro her over a few days rather than take her straight home.
Jus some things to think about

edit: do not allow her to lick you, yet, you may think it's nice but it can have a whole different meaning to a dog. You have to present yourself as the alpha

Last edited:
Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
You should be cawk slapped again. Never utter that insult again..German Sheperds have won worlds best dog every year. Now go slap yourself for your insolence.

Please DO NOT breed your animals. Look at the op's post. There are soooo many animals that are in shelters, death row terrible situations and stray. Don't add to the problem because they're ''cute''. Dont mean to bag on you but breeding is the cause of these,

Well things sound good as far as the dog BUT you're friend is flat out lying to you. That is a pit, part mixed whatever it is a pit. She's probably doing because of the stigma but you should ask her about it. While the dog is in her kennel or surrounding she how she reacts to loud and unexpected noises. You can drop a bucket or soemthing large enough to startle her. See what her reactions are. Raise your hand quickly like your going to straighten your hair. Have a kid or someone run past her while she's on a leash or kenneled. Check her reactions to these things, pay attention to her tail and her head posture. She sounds like a good dog but she is a fully developed adult and you need to know her traits. That and take your time introducing her to your home. Take her there for a outing and bring her back intro her over a few days rather than take her straight home.
Jus some things to think about

edit: do not allow her to lick you, yet, you may think it's nice but it can have a whole different meaning to a dog. You have to present yourself as the alpha

So what your saying is save the peanut butter for the honeymoon?

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Looking to adopt this dog. Sweetest thing I've ever met. 3-4 years old and had had a litter. Since been fixed. Was abondoned and picked up by the SPCA. Said to be a Mastiff Boxer mix but I've had 3 people tell me that she has Pit Bull in her. Wife is freaking out now.

Me, I've never had a Pit, but I have had rescue dogs, all of which came to me through local rescue groups. I have also unwisely (cause I want them all) hung out at rescue groups' websites far too much, and I did a stint as a volunteer for one group.

Do not for a moment think these groups won't lie to you, about any breed/mix, about age, weight, temperment, you name it. About Pits in particular, they are seldom billed as Pits, they are instead mixes of Boxer, Mastiff, Staffordshire, etc. The people in these groups are good people doing great work, they are non-profit, but they are "in the business" of moving dogs from public shelters to forever homes, asap. In NO way am I saying do/don't adopt this dog. I AM saying the advice you're getting here is very likely to be more reliable than what the groups will tell you.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
So what your saying is save the peanut butter for the honeymoon?

G is refering to his practice of smearing pbnj all over his body on his honeymoon..only thing is he still has it all on him in the morning??
Yes..save it for later!!

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
Oh my God. Just for the record, I have picked up all three of my dogs at shelters and am more than keenly aware of the suffering that goes on.

It's a shame that my humor did not come across in my post…

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic