Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

For the dog experts

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I wish my wife wasn't so allergic to her. But she also was with our Lhasa when we got her 5 years ago. It's been REALLY hard on my wife.

She isn't much of a guard dog. Our oldest son (19) came home last night in the middle of the night. First time Ginger saw him and she didn't say peep.

Coming through the rescue community, she's still not sure who the hell her forever family is. That may change with time, but it's not a bad thing if she accepts friends, neighbors, mailmen, etc.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407610972.518583.jpg

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Sweet, Swiper, Presa-Pit-Cane Corso mix?

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
Sweet, Swiper, Presa-Pit-Cane Corso mix?

not sure. I just call him "puppy". I brought him along with me when I had my back surgery and most recently when I had a MRI. the tech let me take him in with me to calm me because I have claustrophobia.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Serious? That is so cool, I knew about the teddy bears they gave open-chest heart patients cause I was my father's go-to-guy when he was opened up. A whole hospital floor of guys walking up and down the hall clutching a teddy to their sewn up chests, surreal but sweet. They gotta do something about those ratty "gowns," however, or at least get them to close up better in the back. Didn't know the doll concept went beyond the heart patients, but I am definitely on board if and when my time comes.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
Serious? That is so cool, I knew about the teddy bears they gave open-chest heart patients cause I was my father's go-to-guy when he was opened up. A whole hospital floor of guys walking up and down the hall clutching a teddy to their sewn up chests, surreal but sweet. They gotta do something about those ratty "gowns," however, or at least get them to close up better in the back. Didn't know the doll concept went beyond the heart patients, but I am definitely on board if and when my time comes.

no, I was joking. ha . it's my 12.5 year old daughters. she sleeps next to it and when we go out of town she'll always bring it with.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
no, I was joking. ha . it's my 12.5 year old daughters. she sleeps next to it and when we go out of town she'll always bring it with.

Well, shit, don't interrupt me when I'm on a roll Swiper, I was getting all emotional there . . . . :-<

K

-KB-

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2010
I brought Ginger back to the SPCA this morning. 47 years old and I'm crying like a little girl.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I wish my wife wasn't so allergic to her. But she also was with our Lhasa when we got her 5 years ago. It's been REALLY hard on my wife.

This might sound harsh but to bad.....

If you know your wife is allergic to dogs why would try to adopt one knowing that it's not going to work out? You're raising the hopes of that poor pup knowing that your wife is going to sneeze, cough, have red/watery eyes, etc.... That makes no sense whatsoever.

If you want to help those poor pups then donate and help.

Last edited:
R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
. . . . . .

If you want to help those poor pups then donate and help.

If YOU have some kinda dog-help-sympathy lust beating away in your heart but face an impossible situation with allergies, then try either or both of those. Money is always good, depending on how the group spends it, doing a little volunteer work locally may be even better for your soul. At my peak I had 9 forever-home, fully adopted rescues in my pack, and I still couldn't get enough, went and did some hours of volunteer per week at a local group of do-gooders.

Check that option out, however, before you run out and do it. Whatever "dog molecules" are triggering your wife's allergic response, you might bring them home from your volunteer gig, research that possibility some place where they know more than I do. Might just depend on how sensitive she is, you would be transmitting a lower concentration than a dog living full time in your house(?), maybe it could work out.

Understand the crying part, btw.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Damn that sucks KB to bad one of ur relatives or friends couldn't of kept her, I hope she finds a good home she looks deserving.

semi hijack of ur thread tho if u don't mind I was playing with my mutts yesterday :)

http://youtu.be/Vb1idzeWjFc

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic