TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Good to see the weekend help turn things around

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Back day, 2nd week into it post flu.

Warmup: Pull downs super wide grip, front pull (in front of face, I don't go behind the next). 180 x 15

DL: First time DL'ing since November right around thanksgiving, wide grip, narrow stance....sumo's next time perhaps.

135 x 20
225 x 12
320 x 5
320 x 5
320 x 5
320 x 5

Hammer strength upper (plates/side)

2 plates x 15
3 plates x 6
3 plates x 8
3 plates x 6
3 plates x 7

Low row cables:

210 x 5
210 x 5
210 x 5
210 x 5

Straight arm pull downs

60 x 10
60 x 10
60 x 10

Reverse grip BW pull ups

BW x 8
BW x 9
BW x 7

Roman Chair, BW x 10 x 3.

Observations:

Took a prewo and reacted weird to it as mouth was burning on fire but I calmed down and had a good workout to my standards after I walked at 3.5 with a 15 degree "uphillclimb" (see what I did there!) for about 10 mins to get the heartrate up but sustain it with breathing because I was curious about the prewo...HR went down below 140 while on the treadmill so I knew I wasn't gonna die haha....I downed 2 liters of water to try and flush it and it seemed to help get rid of the jitters.

DL's I didn't push the weight because it was my first DL day in almost 6-7 weeks but all the reps went up easily and this number is going to climb rapidly....I could've gotten 365 x 5 x 5 IMO if my back was ready for it. When I peaked out last year and did 5 x 5 while on, I was in the 385-390 range so I'm anxious to get back there but probably no more than that for reps. I haven't maxed DL's since around 2008.

Feeling better and stamina is coming back.....swelled the **** up and still natural. No creatine yet....just protein, BCAA, glutamine and multi's.....daily cal consumption is steadily over 3500 for the last 5-6 days (a couple days north of 5k)

Chest day tomorrow which is my weakest, hoping to carry some momentum from today into it.

Last edited:
HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
Whats with all the cables and machines broham?
cables are for girls. You work out at Planet Fatness? Hahaha
nah, seriously though, no barbell rows or Tbar rows?
strength looks good from those numbers though. Almost up to your bodyweight on those pulldowns too so your ahead of me there

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Whats with all the cables and machines broham?
cables are for girls. You work out at Planet Fatness? Hahaha
nah, seriously though, no barbell rows or Tbar rows?
strength looks good from those numbers though. Almost up to your bodyweight on those pulldowns too so your ahead of me there

haha...No BB rows this week and my weekday gym doesn't have a T-Bar...I'm going to do them on Saturday at my other gym or Thursday night, did them last week in the back routine on Monday and weight was good but wanted to hit DL's for 7 sets total.....ya, lots of cables today, I mixed it up, totally opposite from last week's back workout but stayed rather heavy with lower reps.....I had some wings today though.

It's not gay if it's YOUR dog!

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
haha...No BB rows this week and my weekday gym doesn't have a T-Bar...I'm going to do them on Saturday at my other gym or Thursday night, did them last week in the back routine on Monday and weight was good but wanted to hit DL's for 7 sets total.....ya, lots of cables today, I mixed it up, totally opposite from last week's back workout but stayed rather heavy with lower reps.....I had some wings today though.

It's not gay if it's YOUR dog!
hahaha.
yea your DL's look good today. Thats a lotta work!
I usually do like 3 working sets of 5 or 6

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
hahaha.
yea your DL's look good today. Thats a lotta work!
I usually do like 3 working sets of 5 or 6

Trying to stick to the 5 x 5 program somewhat for when I go "on".....I'm liking it so far, it helped stamina come back quick from getting sick.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Nice deads. You want that number to go up, knock off that 135 x 20 shit... When I train deads from a cold start it looks like this

I don't bother with 135 but do 5 reps for 5 sets
225 x 3 x 5

At this point you've done 35 reps already but with little stress. You'll have more gas in the tank for the important work.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Good numbers keep pushing it
Thanks bro, felt easy today, I'll be upping that shit real soon.
Good shit broski.

Go 49ers :)
Kaep looks great man, hoping for a rematch, would make a great Super Bowl
Nice deads. You want that number to go up, knock off that 135 x 20 shit... When I train deads from a cold start it looks like this

I don't bother with 135 but do 5 reps for 5 sets
225 x 3 x 5

At this point you've done 35 reps already but with little stress. You'll have more gas in the tank for the important work.

That makes total sense. I don't think I've mentioned it before but I have scoliosis. It's mild but doc and chiro say that on back days, I should walk then high volume to get the surrounding muscles to swell up a bit. But you pull a fuckload more than me and I'll certainly discuss that with them as I haven't spoken DL's or squat regimen with them for about a year now. I could've gotten more today, happy that they went up smooth. Ramping up for a Sunday with the big boys soon. I'll see the chiro on Thursday and I'll call my GP tomorrow.

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
I knew you played ball also wish I still could. Everything is looking good keep hitting hard.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic