jacobss
What's New?

Carb backloading

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Mine is still going well.

That's excellent - how strict are you being?

I've tightened up quite a bit on the diet... ultra low on non-workout days, less fatty carbs for the backloads...
cut out ice cream for now because it was bloating the **** outta me, putting in more rice with the post-workout meals instead of overcooked pasta.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Bump for previous question and this one...

If a powerlifting meet is in 10 weeks - and the week prior to the meet is a deload - is that week supposed to be super low carb, then the night before the meet (after weigh-ins) go to a pizzeria and eat as much as possible????!

Fuxking minutia/OCD...

Quoted my own post because I found the answer:
Tweeted with Vincent Dizenzo a while back regarding pre-meet weeks and whether or not to backload. He's been dialed in with Kiefer for a while and was a huge advocate for CBL at one point. He's even quoted in the back of the damn book.

Anyway, he said to still have carbs in the evening on non-workout days if you're trying to come in around the same weight and go ultra low carb if you were trying to make weight. The most common sense answer smh.

I guess the idea is, "Do I need lift numbers or do I wanna burn more fat?"

Reset my Carb Backloading Last Sunday and am on Day 6 of the prep phase, looking at an 8 lbs loss so far, but a 14.5 lbs loss since the Summer. Might not seem like much but my powerlifting total has gone up almost 200 lbs so I'm gradually losing weight that stays off and gaining strength regularly. And this is without being strict with the protocol. I religiously drink the Acceleration Shake and have only had two or three days in like 275 where I ate carbs before 4-5pm. I've reset the diet twice already, this being the third time. On the flip side, I hadn't had an Ultra Low Carb day for close to 20 weeks!

This time will be different. I have a goal in mind aesthetically and won't stop dropping fat til I'm there. Nothing like Bolo... Just not sloppy.

Wanted to keep this thread updated in case someone were to search for info on it. I'll continue to report my progress... Coming up on a full year since I started this diet sometime soon I believe.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic