What's New?

Burritos and Barbells- 3M Training Log

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
Bully Yoga Week 3 Day 2

Bench 15x2

Shoulder slaps, band pull aparts, lax ball on shoulders/scaps, foam roll low back, iron crosses, mountain climbers.

Bar x10
135x10
185x10
225x5
275x1

300x15x2

Paws Squat 1x3 (sleeves/no belt)
Bar x10
135x10
225x5
275x3
315x1

365x3 (beltless pr)

Fatigue drop 2-4x3
330x3
330x3

Floor press 1x7
135x5
225x1

245x7

Rep drop 4x5
245x5
245x5
245x5
245x5

Recap
Bench felt really good, I think I was a little fatigued from the previous days double pause bench but other than that I felt pretty damn good. Paused squats are alot easier when your hip doesn't feel like it's gonna rip out of the socket (who would've thought), I still suck at floor presses... The end

Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara

Jun 14, 2016
It's weird, you'd think floor presses would be easier. I find them harder than regular bench, too. Of course doing 15x2 comp bench first doesn't help any.

Anyway, nice work on everything. I've got the same session tomorrow.

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
It's weird, you'd think floor presses would be easier. I find them harder than regular bench, too. Of course doing 15x2 comp bench first doesn't help any.

Anyway, nice work on everything. I've got the same session tomorrow.

I guess it's a strength for some people, the way I see it is that if I'm weak at something it's going to make me work harder to try and be stronger/better at it. And ultimately the less weaknesses you have the better you will be all around, right?

Haha have fun tomorrow bro.

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
While everyone and their grandmothers are out walking and losing their gains catching Pokemans, I'm over here putting in work trying to get stronger...Key word being "trying" lol

Started POB's BY Apex today

Squats 1x3 (program actually called for 1x5 but I was looking at the wrong day)

Warmup: Iron crosses, mountain climbers, hip circle, hip circle bw squats

135x10

185x5

225x5

275x3

315x1

365x1

405x1 (threw on a belt for this one)

450x3 (10lb PR)

405x3

405x3

405x3

GHR machine 5x10 @bw (started to cramp when I tried to do it with bands)

Meet prep is off to a great start so far, no pain anywhere and feel like I'm finally 100%. If all goes well throughout prep I think Ill be on my to hitting some huge PRs.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Your training has been on freakin' point, 3M. There's no way you're not crushing PRs at your next meet. Just keep up that pre-workout/post-workout recovery/rehab.

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
After my PR on squat, the rest of my training week fell to shit. I tried benching, and it just didnt feel right something in my left shoulder is causing some tightness throughout and into my pec, so when I go heavy I cant seem to stay tight and my elbows flare out. I've been doing some rehab stuff, like internal and external rotations for the rotator cuffs, and using the lax ball to release some tightness in my traps and in my shoulders. Its feeling a little better but I just need to be patient. I overshot my rpe and went for a paused triple which would of been a PR of 335. The first rep flew up, but on the second rep my elbows flared out and I couldnt recover, I ended up grinding the rep out but it was ugly. Super disappointed with the way my bench has been going lately, I honestly thought bench was my best lift going into my last 2 comps but I was way wrong.

Then on Thursday I tried deadlifting and I just couldn't focus, I don't even know where my head was at but I still tried to deadlift, I went for 515x5 which would have been a PR but failed on the 5th rep, which again just pissed me off because I knew that if I was focused and ready to train that 515 would have flown up for all 5 of those reps. I ended up dropping down to 495x5, then a rep drop @2x3.

This coming week is a clean slate and Ill be ready to go back to work. I'm supposed to train with SAD and Beedeezy this week too so maybe having some strong training partners will help push me.

Beedeezy

Beedeezy

Feb 18, 2015
I'm supposed to train with SAD and Beedeezy this week too so maybe having some strong training partners will help push me.
I'm a great hype man, I will be screaming at you and maybe even throw chalk dust in your eyes to give you an epi spike.
You're welcome in advance for the new PR.

Yomo

Yomo

MuscleHead
Dec 18, 2015
saw the vid of the 450 trip, stroooong bro...sorry to hear about the recent frustration...put that shit behind you and forget it ever happened, you're killing it...

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
I'm a great hype man, I will be screaming at you and maybe even throw chalk dust in your eyes to give you an epi spike.
You're welcome in advance for the new PR.

lmao, well I guess I should thank you then. Although I am one of those people that drowns everything around me out before a lift. Its funny because I always record my lifts and people at my gym always seem to be amazed and clap afterwards and I never hear it until after I watch the video later.

saw the vid of the 450 trip, stroooong bro...sorry to hear about the recent frustration...put that shit behind you and forget it ever happened, you're killing it...

Thanks Yomo. Thats exactly what I'm gonna do, Im starting this week with a blank slate. I already know its going to be a good week.

UncleAl

UncleAl

MuscleHead
Jun 20, 2012
You know you're gonna have some bad days, so don't get frustrated. I'm sure the session with your pals will motivate you and get you back on track.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic