Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Black man speaks the truth about racism and ignorance.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
I don't know what's going on over in Norway but I can't base anything off of one instance I see, how long have you been looking at the policing that goes on in Norway? It's extremely easy to be a cop, don't smoke a cigarette in the last few months or have a felony and you can get hired. My point is it's time consuming and it's not worth it for the pay. Since people don't get into policing because it's some big paying job then why do they do it? A lot of people get into it for the wrong reasons that's why we have so many idiot cops. Not 100% why you quoted me though, the Eric garner case is ridiculous, I'm not siding with the police on that. Cops are to blame but bullshit like "racism" and all that is just getting in the way of the real problem.

Using Mexico as an example is pretty bad.
Try Norway for example. I watch their version of "Cops" while there and its amazing how they treat people.
They spent a few extra minutes to deal with a drunk vs here where the yelling starts right away then they jump the drunk while screaming stop resisting.

Its incredibly easy to become a law enforcement officer here.
Some places the academy is less then 8 months. LEO is the first responder for many mental patients but has very little education dealing with that. Shit, the LEO is the number one social worker but knows very little about it.

But I think the systemic failure is the culprit. LEO gets away with more then they should. The blue line is more of a blue wall.
They will fight hard to keep bad officers on the job. Its plenty of video evidence where it clearly show they ****ed up but still walk away.

The case in NY where the officer choked a man to death and did not get billed I think shows how much they can get away with.
The officer was not in danger. They had 4 officers on top of the guy and they had full control. The guy said 11 times he couldnt breath.
This wasnt an accident but a deliberate choice of the officer to continue to restrict the air flow. The medical examiner ruled it a homicide.
I think a case like that should be billed and the officer should defend his action in court. Should he be punished is up to the court.

I know for sure you and I would be in court defending our self.

I dont think all cops are bad, I know several good ones.
I dont have any bad experience personally but that does not mean its plenty of bad ones out there.
I blame the system for allowing this to continue. It must be changed.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
I don't know what's going on over in Norway but I can't base anything off of one instance I see, how long have you been looking at the policing that goes on in Norway? It's extremely easy to be a cop, don't smoke a cigarette in the last few months or have a felony and you can get hired. My point is it's time consuming and it's not worth it for the pay. Since people don't get into policing because it's some big paying job then why do they do it? A lot of people get into it for the wrong reasons that's why we have so many idiot cops. Not 100% why you quoted me though, the Eric garner case is ridiculous, I'm not siding with the police on that. Cops are to blame but bullshit like "racism" and all that is just getting in the way of the real problem.

I looked at policing in Norway for 23 years and I have read the Norwegian news papers for 35+ years. If I remember correctly the education is 2 years plus one year as a trainee after that.
Officers makes pretty good pay with their overtime and side jobs here in Houston.
Many over 100K. I am not saying they are over paid or even paid enough but they can easily make good money.
But I agree they dont get into policing for the money. I think many of them truly wants to be a protector and I think many of them are nothing but power hungry assholes.
I know one thats a total lazy asshole and also the biggest racist I know. He is black by the way.

I think the police gets a lot of shit they dont deserve but we have a systemic problem.
They dont know shit about the law and they bend it when they see fit.
Its plenty of document case but very little happens to them.
They can violate your rights with nothing more the a written reprimand and they can do so over and over.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Your in training here for 16 weeks. Some departments require a 2 year degree but with what police make its hard to find people that are willing to do that. Three of us in the academy had degrees and they were a waste og money and time for that career.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
My main issue with this whole thing is not about race. It's about our militarized police forces across the nation and how they're above the law.

You can't tell me if this whole thing was between two civilians, a black and a white, a white and a white, whatever and a whatever, that the shooter would not have at least been indicted. You can bet your ass this would have gone to trial so ****ing quick it would have made your head spin. Even if the person had a carry permit this shit would have gone to trial without a doubt.

As people/civilians we are now always guilty until proven innocent. The police should fear the people, not the other way around. Same with our govt. If cops approached people in a more calm manner instead of the normal almighty attitude that 99% of them carry, people would view them a lot differently.

Check police forces in other countries. They approach people with respect and in turn get respect back. The U.S. could take some lessons.

Also, the process of becoming LE should be way more strict than it is. One question they could ask to eliminate all the Barney Fifes (officer Wilson), is "Were you a pussyboy that was picked on in high school?" If they answer yes, then reject that pussyboys application. Those types have no business being a LEO.

Brodel , I def agree with the 'Militarization' of cops. It started MANY years ago and slowly people got desensitized to seeing cops playing Soldier on American streets. The BIG problem with cops having Humvee's with SAW's in the nest and MRAPS fully outfitted etc...is they get all pumped up and WANT to use them on someone..We ALL have to ask ourslves..''Who will they turn these weapons on'...the millions of illegals pouring over our borders...a few lone terrorists..or will they turn them on large groups of Freedom loving Americans who finally had enough of BIG GOVT intrusion and these friggin useless ''protestors aka looters\anarchists??
That being said, I do have mor ethan a few friends that are cops and growing up had a few try to help me out. I will say cops now are a TOTALLY different breed, assholes seem to outnumber good guys

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I looked at policing in Norway for 23 years and I have read the Norwegian news papers for 35+ years. If I remember correctly the education is 2 years plus one year as a trainee after that.
Officers makes pretty good pay with their overtime and side jobs here in Houston.
Many over 100K. I am not saying they are over paid or even paid enough but they can easily make good money.
But I agree they dont get into policing for the money. I think many of them truly wants to be a protector and I think many of them are nothing but power hungry assholes.
I know one thats a total lazy asshole and also the biggest racist I know. He is black by the way.

I think the police gets a lot of shit they dont deserve but we have a systemic problem.
They dont know shit about the law and they bend it when they see fit.
Its plenty of document case but very little happens to them.
They can violate your rights with nothing more the a written reprimand and they can do so over and over.

MK, usually I look for something to bust your balls about, it's what we do. But you pretty much nailed it, good post.

Dont get used to this though, you're still a douchenozzle:D

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
I've never had the slightest problem with a LE officer myself. Every one of the half dozen or so tickets they ever issued me for speeding or other minor infractions over the last 30 years were by the book - they were just doing their jobs enforcing the laws. If I don't like a law, I vote certain ways, contact my elected officials to try to change it, contribute to certain politicians' campaigns, etc. I don't blame those who enforce the laws for doing what they're paid to do.

Of course I stay away from bad areas, illegal activities, and people who are usually on the wrong side of the law - that seems to go a long way.

And when I was a crazy teen and young man, I had a bad habit of driving around while under the influence. I was pulled over several times over the years many years ago, and because I was polite and nice and told them I was headed straight home or to a nearby friend's house to stay the night or whatever, I was let go each time.

About 25 years ago I was temporarily parked in the parking lot of a closed business after I'd had several drinks, as was another (white) guy driving another car who had also been drinking. The cops rolled up and started to bust our balls a bit, and quickly realized we were both under the influence. I was polite to a fault, and the other kid was mouthing off to them, telling them to get ****ed, etc. I was allowed to call someone to come get me, and the other kid was hauled in.

I've found that it's better to be nice in general unless I'm forced to be otherwise, and I never pick a fight I'm not going to win.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
This is getting out of hand, these b-holes wanna be Soldiers go sign up..still plenty of terrorists to kill. American Citizens should be arrested by cops not wannabe Soldiers
domestic-police-620x350.jpg

U.S.-troops-in-Afghanistan.jpg

One of these is Protecting American Citizens, one is using their Power against American Citizens. Cops should dress like COPS!

Last edited:
Brodel154

Brodel154

MuscleHead
Jul 3, 2011
Little butt****ers thinking they're special ops or something. Ridiculous.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
This is getting out of hand, these b-holes wanna be Soldiers go sign up..still plenty of terrorists to kill. American Citizens should be arrested by cops not wannabe Soldiers
domestic-police-620x350.jpg

U.S.-troops-in-Afghanistan.jpg

One of these is Protecting American Citizens, one is using their Power against American Citizens. Cops should dress like COPS!

Isn't that the national guard though?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic