Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Black man speaks the truth about racism and ignorance.

T

texastea

May 1, 2013
Nothing wrong with protesting or supporting your friend but the problem is the "hands up" thing isn't an accurate account of what happened. They are just making themselves look stupid but running around and protesting with false information. He never had his hands up so it's time to drop that phrase already. It makes them seem like they don't even know anything about the case other than black guy died by white cop.

Questions remain regarding whether Brown had his hands raised, but in my opinion, it is irrelevant. Not having your hands raised isn't justification for being shot. Given the frequency with which young black men are shot by police, however, raising hands may be an action that should be encouraged. I'm glad the Rams players provided their support.

H

hardpr

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2012

Irony: St. Louis Rams Player With “Hands Up, Don’t Shoot” Gesture Has Lengthy Arrest Record

Posted by Jammie on Dec 01, 2014 at 9:36 am

rams2-150x150.jpg

In case you missed it Sunday, five idiots who play for the St. Louis Rams showed their solidarity with Mike Brown by mimicking protesters before their game with the Oakland Raiders. One of them, wide receiver Kenny Britt, is all to familiar with putting his hands up after numerous run-ins with the law during his days with the Tennessee Titans.
Tennessee Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt was arrested on three charges Tuesday afternoon after a car chase in his hometown of Bayonne, N.J., FOXSports.com has learned.
A Bayonne police spokesman told FOXSports.com that Britt was charged with eluding a police officer, lying to an officer/hindering apprehension and obstructing governmental function. Eluding an officer is a third-degree felony; the other two charges are misdemeanors.
A passenger in the vehicle with Britt also faces three criminal charges. Jerel Lord, 23, of Bayonne was charged with marijuana possession, resisting arrest and obstructing governmental function.
Britt is the 10th player arrested since the NFL locked out its players March 11. The Titans’ inability to run an offseason workout program may explain why Britt was back in his hometown.
According to a police report, the incident occurred at 4:30 P.M. Tuesday when Britt was clocked driving his blue Porsche at 71 mph in a 50-mph zone. When an officer attempted to enter the roadway to stop the vehicle, the Porsche accelerated and began weaving in and out of highway traffic. The Porsche then exited the highway and was spotted on a local street with Britt and Lord walking away from the vehicle.
The officer ordered them to stop and began questioning Britt and Lord, both of whom denied being in the vehicle. At one point during the interview, Lord ran away on foot, but he was apprehended a block away by a pursuing officer.
Britt should be thankful he’s still drawing an NFL salary.
Britt has had run-ins with the law three times in the past 16 months, which could make him susceptible to NFL suspension once the lockout ends. He was arrested in January 2010 after failing to pay $865 for three outstanding traffic warrants. Britt was scheduled for a hearing Feb. 22 in Bayonne on a misdemeanor charge of theft by deception after being accused by two bail bond companies of not paying the bail money he had promised on behalf of a friend.
Britt also was questioned as part of an assault claim from a bar fight in October in Nashville. Before being exonerated by a grand jury, Britt was benched for one quarter of a game as punishment by then-head coach Jeff Fisher.
Another of these geniuses, Stedman Bailey, was cited for shoplifting while he attended the University of West Virginia.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Questions remain regarding whether Brown had his hands raised, but in my opinion, it is irrelevant. Not having your hands raised isn't justification for being shot. Given the frequency with which young black men are shot by police, however, raising hands may be an action that should be encouraged. I'm glad the Rams players provided their support.

No they don't, forensics and eyewitness testimony (mainly coming from blacks) has disproved that.

T

texastea

May 1, 2013
No they don't, forensics and eyewitness testimony (mainly coming from blacks) has disproved that.

My understanding is that conflicting testimony was given on the placement of Brown's hands. As I stated, inasmuch as raising one's hands is only a law enforcement matter when requested by leo and no such request was made, I consider it a moot point.

H

hardpr

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2012

Officer Trevis Austin shot and killed Gilbert Collar, a white, unarmed 18-year-old man who was under the influence of drugs. A Mobile County grand jury refused to bring charges against Officer Austin, concluding that the officer acted in self-defense. more >

By Valerie Richardson - The Washington Times - Thursday, November 27, 2014
A two-year-old case involving the shooting death of an unarmed 18-year-old white man by a black police officer is gaining attention on social media in the wake of this week’s protests and rioting in Ferguson, Missouri.
Gilbert Collar, a white, unarmed 18-year-old under the influence of drugs was shot and killed Oct. 6, 2012, by Officer Trevis Austin, who is black, inMobile, Alabama. Despite public pressure for an indictment, a Mobile County grand jury refused to bring charges against Officer Austin, concluding that the officer acted in self-defense.
The circumstances mirror those of the Aug. 9 shooting death of Michael Brown, a black unarmed 18-year-old under the influence of drugs by Officer Darren Wilson, who is white, in Ferguson.

SEE ALSO: Legal scholars praise Ferguson grand jury for fairness beyond the norm

A St. Louis County grand jury’s decision Monday not to indict the officer ignited violence and looting in Ferguson and days of protests nationwide against racial injustice.
The discrepancy in the reaction to and coverage of the two grand jury decisions has not been lost on social media, where critics are citing the Collar case to counter those who say Brown was the victim of racism in both law enforcement and judicial system.
On Thursday, the website Conservative Tribune headline trumpeted the case: “Unarmed White Teen Gunned Down by Black Cop … Where’s the Outrage?”

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011

Officer Trevis Austin shot and killed Gilbert Collar, a white, unarmed 18-year-old man who was under the influence of drugs. A Mobile County grand jury refused to bring charges against Officer Austin, concluding that the officer acted in self-defense. more >

By Valerie Richardson - The Washington Times - Thursday, November 27, 2014
A two-year-old case involving the shooting death of an unarmed 18-year-old white man by a black police officer is gaining attention on social media in the wake of this week’s protests and rioting in Ferguson, Missouri.
Gilbert Collar, a white, unarmed 18-year-old under the influence of drugs was shot and killed Oct. 6, 2012, by Officer Trevis Austin, who is black, inMobile, Alabama. Despite public pressure for an indictment, a Mobile County grand jury refused to bring charges against Officer Austin, concluding that the officer acted in self-defense.
The circumstances mirror those of the Aug. 9 shooting death of Michael Brown, a black unarmed 18-year-old under the influence of drugs by Officer Darren Wilson, who is white, in Ferguson.

SEE ALSO: Legal scholars praise Ferguson grand jury for fairness beyond the norm

A St. Louis County grand jury’s decision Monday not to indict the officer ignited violence and looting in Ferguson and days of protests nationwide against racial injustice.
The discrepancy in the reaction to and coverage of the two grand jury decisions has not been lost on social media, where critics are citing the Collar case to counter those who say Brown was the victim of racism in both law enforcement and judicial system.
On Thursday, the website Conservative Tribune headline trumpeted the case: “Unarmed White Teen Gunned Down by Black Cop … Where’s the Outrage?”

I read about that, you probably shouldn't be naked and making threats at cops and you won't get shot.

Did you see what I did there? ^ I sided with the black cop even though he shot a white guy. Black people take note of what I just did, it's called "making a decision on the facts." Not basing your opinion on race. Pretty amazing, I know....

H

hardpr

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2012
i saw and i agree. no one made a stink over this because if your wrong and get popped oh well that's the breaks. people act like that cop woke up that day and said im gonna shot a black kid today just because.
I read about that, you probably shouldn't be naked and making threats at cops and you won't get shot.

Did you see what I did there? ^ I sided with the black cop even though he shot a white guy. Black people take note of what I just did, it's called "m. aking a decision on the facts." Not basing your opinion on race. Pretty amazing, I know....

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I just think it is so ridiculous that we worry about race. Compliance. If a man who has been appointed to a position of authority such as a police officer tells you to do something, it's probably prudent you comply. If you don't agree, use the court systems to fight back. It's much healthier and you're not dead. Why does race have to be a factor. People who make poor choices often end up with poor outcomes. I didn't even hear about Officer Trevis Austin's shooting of a white man. Funny how that works, isn't it?

Brodel154

Brodel154

MuscleHead
Jul 3, 2011
My main issue with this whole thing is not about race. It's about our militarized police forces across the nation and how they're above the law.

You can't tell me if this whole thing was between two civilians, a black and a white, a white and a white, whatever and a whatever, that the shooter would not have at least been indicted. You can bet your ass this would have gone to trial so ****ing quick it would have made your head spin. Even if the person had a carry permit this shit would have gone to trial without a doubt.

As people/civilians we are now always guilty until proven innocent. The police should fear the people, not the other way around. Same with our govt. If cops approached people in a more calm manner instead of the normal almighty attitude that 99% of them carry, people would view them a lot differently.

Check police forces in other countries. They approach people with respect and in turn get respect back. The U.S. could take some lessons.

Also, the process of becoming LE should be way more strict than it is. One question they could ask to eliminate all the Barney Fifes (officer Wilson), is "Were you a pussyboy that was picked on in high school?" If they answer yes, then reject that pussyboys application. Those types have no business being a LEO.

Last edited:
DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
My main issue with this whole thing is not about race. It's about our militarized police forces across the nation and how they're above the law.

You can't tell me if this whole thing was between two civilians, a black and a white, a white and a white, whatever and a whatever, that the shooter would not have at least been indicted. You can bet your ass this would have gone to trial so ****ing quick it would have made your head spin. Even if the person had a carry permit this shit would have gone to trial without a doubt.

As people/civilians we are now always guilty until proven innocent. The police should fear the people, not the other way around. Same with our govt. If cops approached people in a more calm manner instead of the normal almighty attitude that 99% of them carry, people would view them a lot differently.

Check police forces in other countries. They approach people with respect and in turn get respect back. The U.S. could take some lessons.

Also, the process of becoming LE should be way more strict than it is. One question they could ask to eliminate all the Barney Fifes (officer Wilson), is "Were you a pussyboy that was picked on in high school?" If they answer yes, then reject that pussyboys application. Those types have no business being a LEO.

Guess you haven't been arrested in Mexico. Anyway, I agree about the militarizing of police problem and the police state we are in but that's not the issue here. This particular shooting was justified. How strict do you want the process to be? I was a police officer and the process takes over a year to get hired. 8 months in the academy, then 6 more months of shit to get hired. Background checks, interview, polygraph, drug test, psych evaluation,(which for some strange reason asks you like 20 times about how often you have diarrhea)what more can you do? You can't make it anymore strict or nobody is going to do it, not for that salary. You have lumped every cop into the "bad cop" category and you aren't looking at each situation as individual, but basing it off of your opinion of all police officers.

Last edited:
R

Ruger72

Sep 4, 2014
All I know is Dave Chapelle is the shit.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Guess you haven't been arrested in Mexico. Anyway, I agree about the militarizing of police problem and the police state we are in but that's not the issue here. This particular shooting was justified. How strict do you want the process to be? I was a police officer and the process takes over a year to get hired. 8 months in the academy, then 6 more months of shit to get hired. Background checks, interview, polygraph, drug test, psych evaluation,(which for some strange reason asks you like 20 times about how often you have diarrhea)what more can you do? You can't make it anymore strict or nobody is going to do it, not for that salary. You have lumped every cop into the "bad cop" category and you aren't looking at each situation as individual, but basing it off of your opinion of all police officers.

Using Mexico as an example is pretty bad.
Try Norway for example. I watch their version of "Cops" while there and its amazing how they treat people.
They spent a few extra minutes to deal with a drunk vs here where the yelling starts right away then they jump the drunk while screaming stop resisting.

Its incredibly easy to become a law enforcement officer here.
Some places the academy is less then 8 months. LEO is the first responder for many mental patients but has very little education dealing with that. Shit, the LEO is the number one social worker but knows very little about it.

But I think the systemic failure is the culprit. LEO gets away with more then they should. The blue line is more of a blue wall.
They will fight hard to keep bad officers on the job. Its plenty of video evidence where it clearly show they ****ed up but still walk away.

The case in NY where the officer choked a man to death and did not get billed I think shows how much they can get away with.
The officer was not in danger. They had 4 officers on top of the guy and they had full control. The guy said 11 times he couldnt breath.
This wasnt an accident but a deliberate choice of the officer to continue to restrict the air flow. The medical examiner ruled it a homicide.
I think a case like that should be billed and the officer should defend his action in court. Should he be punished is up to the court.

I know for sure you and I would be in court defending our self.

I dont think all cops are bad, I know several good ones.
I dont have any bad experience personally but that does not mean its plenty of bad ones out there.
I blame the system for allowing this to continue. It must be changed.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic