Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

When to take whey protein?

thumperflopsy

thumperflopsy

TID Lady Member
Jun 1, 2014
I normally take whey protein shakes straight after my work outs... My work outs are between 30 minutes and an hour... When do people recommend taken them?...

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
You don't really "take" whey protein. Just drink it ;)

Only time I will is if I feel like crap during or right after my training. My training will go on for 2 to 4 hours depending on how close I am to a meet though. With such a short workout there is really not much stopping you from getting some actual food in your stomach.

Once I stopped believing in the anabolic window nonsense (thanks IronInsanity for freeing me of that) and had an actual meal instead of a shake I started gaining size much more rapidly.

necropuppy

necropuppy

Mar 8, 2014
I do use Whey in a post workout shake, but it didn't do me any good until I started adding other things, like oatmeal, flax seed, Chia seed, peanut butter, Coconut oil, milk, and the followed it an hr or so later by a protein/carb meal.

I do consume about 75g of protein through the day though shakes between Whey, hemp, and casein, but they are part of a larger diet, that will assist me in gaining mass.

Protein powder does not equal real food. It's a supplement.

But to answer your question, best would be post workout or in waking. When you're not working out.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic