Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

What's the best way to repair a destroyed body?

BigDad

BigDad

Apr 28, 2015
Hi, I just got in to taking fitness seriously, and need to know is their a concrete way to exercise and see real results. I was in the military for 23 years, and spent 30 years drinking and partying. By my standards, I am horribly fat. I weigh 267 and am at 31.4% body fat. I stand 6'4" and run 3 to 5 miles a day and without working out I have a bench press of 265. I know at my fat weight, that is terribly weak, how do I fix this disaster I have created. I am 47 and am seeing no legitimate results, even with a decent diet. (I do not drink anymore or eat junk like I used to). Can someone help point me in the right direction.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
It takes years of diet and training.Put the same effort into training as u did into partying

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Too much to be able to post here but I would start with your diet. If you are looking to get serious about it and want to drop FAT fast and safely look at the Carbnite diet it's an ultra low card diet and works. Go to body.io for more info. I have put many of my clients on this and all that stuck to the plan dropped pound of fat and kept their strength. It is NOT a low carb diet is a diet that uses insulin to manage how your body processes and utilizes fat for energy instead of carbs.

Also STOP running every day. Cross train, you are going to beat your knees into submission and end up not being able to do anything. Running your ass off is not going to fix it. Diet and proper cardio based on your needs and diet is the way to go and the above diet will explain it all. John Kiefer is the man and is work is beyond easy and works!!!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
It will take time, dedication, but if you want it bad enough you'll achieve what you're looking for.

I'd suggest training using a program like 5x5 and ditch the running 3-5miles. Instead pull a sled, run stadiums, or run some hills. You want to be muscular and lean, not skinny fat.

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
As suggested lots of dedication man. Stick to some solid weight training along with your usual cardio and count your falories/macros and stay at it. It will happen

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Welcome to the den!

Regarding exercise, I agree with Brother Iron ... incorporate strength training into your activity sooner rather than later. If you do cardio, consider HIIT (high intensity interval training) exercises, or plyometric exercises.

Regarding diet, it seems that major diet changes in a short period of time usually end up failing (unless he or she is an athlete with experience in dieting). To make modest changes in the right direction, one easy tactic would be to incorporate more protein and less carbs/fats in your diet (such as increasing protein portions in meals, while decreasing the starchy carb or saturated fats portions, for example) and replace sugary/high calorie snacks with protein alternatives (shakes, bars, beef jerky, milk, etc.).

I think using a food journal/calorie counter app could be of benefit. That's how I dropped weight. But I did it very gradually over a long period of time. If you go this route, don't make any big changes until you've logged at least two weeks worth of your typical diet. Once you establish a baseline, it's easier to make small decreases every few weeks and not feel like you're starving or risking falling off the wagon on a binge.

BigDad

BigDad

Apr 28, 2015
Thanks, cut the running and am intensifying the workout. plan on being faithful. At my age, my stomach should not stick out farther than my chest.

Last edited:
Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Brother I am older than you and did the same time for Uncle Sam...LOL
Lotsa broken pieces.
Make goals stick with em train your mind and body as to what you want.
Old guys need lotsa warm up and I even do some gay stretching haha.
Eat responsibly and keep protein clean and high, go into the gym with the intention of breaking down tissue, your job when you leave is rebuilding that tissue.
Healthy diet not Ethiopia starving but eating as a responsible adult is huge.
Too much to write here bro.
Read up and search on here and ask questions.
Get a training program lined up that makes sense and ask if you need help
Cheers

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic