Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Use of diuretics during a "normal" cycle???

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
Anybody ever use a diuretic during a "normal" cycle??? (Not simply as a pre-contest supplement.)

Would using a diuretic help to control bloat and/or reduce blood pressure???

If so, would you have to use it everyday to be effective or could you use it only "as needed"??? (Maybe every couple of days or whatever).

Thanks in advance...

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Prolly not prudent. Chronic diuretic use can lead to renal insufficiency and can eventually lead to full blow kidney failure in some cases. I'm prescribed Diazide for my hypertension and it has caused elevations in my BUN/Creatinine labs which aren't going back to normal. This is a mild diuretic compared to Lasix and the benefits to my BP outweigh the kidney stress. I've seen Lasix shut patients function down at doses as low as 20mg/day over chronic use. Just not worth it IMO.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Goto GNC or supplement place and get some Liquid K, pottassium will help with bloating.....

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
Prolly not prudent. Chronic diuretic use can lead to renal insufficiency and can eventually lead to full blow kidney failure in some cases. I'm prescribed Diazide for my hypertension and it has caused elevations in my BUN/Creatinine labs which aren't going back to normal. This is a mild diuretic compared to Lasix and the benefits to my BP outweigh the kidney stress. I've seen Lasix shut patients function down at doses as low as 20mg/day over chronic use. Just not worth it IMO.

Interesting.
Not sure if you'll read this thread again but, if you do, have you tried other types of BP meds before the Diazide???
A few years ago, when I was having some temporary issues with my BP and Kidney numbers, my PCP and Nephrologist recommended I use Lisinopril. They gave me the impression it was suppose to be beneficially to both the heart and kidneys...

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I had angioedema from Lisinopril (think lips and tongue so swollen you would need intubation if you hadn't gotten to an ER in time.) After that shit I said **** 'prils and went with something safer (for me).

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
I had angioedema from Lisinopril (think lips and tongue so swollen you would need intubation if you hadn't gotten to an ER in time.) After that shit I said **** 'prils and went with something safer (for me).

That's brother. Yeah, that's a pretty severe reaction (to say the least). Thanks for your responses; I appreciate it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic