Latest Member
Joannafit

Undercover Investigation Shut-down Ale

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I'm a big fan of Lagunitas brewing company, they make a wonderful lineup of tasty treats.

This was my latest discover.

Strong at almost 11% alcohol, you only need one or two of these to have your brew urges filled for the evening. Almost a fruity, sweet tasting beer, but the hops kick in with a nice back and a reminder that this is over 10% alcohol. I like attaching the beer advocate links for reading, as I always read the reviews after I have bought the beer and tried it.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/220/48385

shutdown.jpg

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
That is definitely a good one. Was I the one that told you about that LK?

Slic.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
That is definitely a good one. Was I the one that told you about that LK?

Slic.

Nope, I haven't talked to you about beer in some time. Whenever my place gets new Lagunitas in, I buy it.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
LK what should my Wednesday drink be?

Slic.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
I just picked up a six pack of this for slightly under $10 with tax. If you can find it I would highly recommend it. It's 9.6% abv. I hadn't been able to find this since fall of last year. The beer department kept saying they were out of it. They found 5 cases this afternoon.

Slic.

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
I'm a big fan of Lagunitas brewing company, they make a wonderful lineup of tasty treats.

This was my latest discover.

Strong at almost 11% alcohol, you only need one or two of these to have your brew urges filled for the evening. Almost a fruity, sweet tasting beer, but the hops kick in with a nice back and a reminder that this is over 10% alcohol. I like attaching the beer advocate links for reading, as I always read the reviews after I have bought the beer and tried it.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/220/48385

shutdown.jpg

Lagunitas makes some good stuffs for sure. Doesn't that say 9.something % on the label though? :)

Where you at LK? I'm in San Diego. We are fortunate to have about 70 different craft breweries in SD county. I formed a beer club late last year and it's my goal to visit each one. :)

Most recently we went to Rip Current Brewing. I tried 6 different beers and all were delicious.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
It's 9.7%, sorry sir. I am in a land where craft beer is becoming plentiful and I plan on having some this weekend :)

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I love there beer, there brewery is even better, I can't even tell you how many times I've been there to drink

TheSwindler

TheSwindler

May 5, 2014
Deschutes has some pretty good IPAs. Give the fresh squeezed or chainbreaker a try. A little sumpin sumpin from lagunitas is a great beer as well

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic