Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

TRT & Testicular Atrophy? And one.twist to my question

W

wmo27

Sep 9, 2011
Ok, so here's the deal. About 2 years ago I was.diagnosed with hypogonadism. I only was injected with 200mg of test cyp every other week. I only received 2 shots but then lost my insurance and haven't had a shot or run a cycle since. I don't know if 200 got me to the high or low end of normal free test range.
HERE IS THE TWIST: (please be respectful, as I'm very self conscious about what I'm about to say)
I had to have my left testicle removed almost 20 years ago due to a medical condition... I'm not sure if my fear is rational or not. I know if you're on a cycle for an extended length of time you suppress Your your natural testosterone production. If suppressed for too long it can cause testicular atrophy. My fear is if I run test at 100 a week or maybe even 200 a week for the rest of my life will it shit shut down my natty test production as low as that may be, and if I run these low doses just to feel normal, do I run the risk of atrophy? Is running a low dose going to doors suppress me? Is it safe to run a low dose and not risk the side effects i fear m? Perhaps I'm being overly cautious, but I've only got one testicle & must take care of it at all costs. If I had my insurance I could ask the doctor but don't. I want to feel normal though so if it's safe I want to continue my TRT, and if it is safe is 200 a week safe or stick with the 200 every other week as prescribedm? Thanks for your input

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
What are you worried about your ball getting shrank for?

R

regular

MuscleHead
May 31, 2012
Ok, so here's the deal. About 2 years ago I was.diagnosed with hypogonadism. I only was injected with 200mg of test cyp every other week. I only received 2 shots but then lost my insurance and haven't had a shot or run a cycle since. I don't know if 200 got me to the high or low end of normal free test range.
HERE IS THE TWIST: (please be respectful, as I'm very self conscious about what I'm about to say)
I had to have my left testicle removed almost 20 years ago due to a medical condition... I'm not sure if my fear is rational or not. I know if you're on a cycle for an extended length of time you suppress Your your natural testosterone production. If suppressed for too long it can cause testicular atrophy. My fear is if I run test at 100 a week or maybe even 200 a week for the rest of my life will it shit shut down my natty test production as low as that may be, and if I run these low doses just to feel normal, do I run the risk of atrophy? Is running a low dose going to doors suppress me? Is it safe to run a low dose and not risk the side effects i fear m? Perhaps I'm being overly cautious, but I've only got one testicle & must take care of it at all costs. If I had my insurance I could ask the doctor but don't. I want to feel normal though so if it's safe I want to continue my TRT, and if it is safe is 200 a week safe or stick with the 200 every other week as prescribedm? Thanks for your input

Low doses of exogenous testosterone will supress your natural testosterone production.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9394096
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3613857

The addition of a HCG to your TRT regimin can help you to maintain your testicular volume and testicular function.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15277005

You need to decide if you want to get the testosterone you're interested in from the pharmacy or you want to try an alternative therapy which will preserve your testicular function and elevate your testosterone levels.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16422830
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18426834
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20484472

W

wmo27

Sep 9, 2011
Size isn't what concerns me but shutting down my natural test production for life does

R

regular

MuscleHead
May 31, 2012
Size isn't what concerns me but shutting down my natural test production for life does

Your testicle already produces an inadequate quantity of hormones causing you to have to be on TRT. What difference does it make if your testicle works less well than it does now? If you want to preserve it's function use a different therapy or a combination of therapies. Read the links I posted. You have options.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Your testicle already produces an inadequate quantity of hormones causing you to have to be on TRT. What difference does it make if your testicle works less well than it does now? If you want to preserve it's function use a different therapy or a combination of therapies. Read the links I posted. You have options.
This is why I thought u were concerned with size. Wasn't trying to be rude. But who cares if ur not worried with size or having kids.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Everyone responds differently to AAS and HRT. Some of us have our testicles shrink and never recover. Some use and abuse for years and still have kids and recover normal test levels when they come off. You won't know until you do it. If you can't bear the thought of possibly losing all function in your remaining testicle, then maybe you shouldn't use AAS or HRT at all.

W

wmo27

Sep 9, 2011
I just found the answers to my biggest fear. I guess I misunderstood my doctor when he told me what would result if I had no testicles & lost them both. My fear was I wouldn't be able to get a hard on or orgasm, but I just Googled my question & found out both are still 100% possible if I stay on TRT. He just told me that I wouldn't be able to father children which is fine by me. I've been wishing for a male birth control for years ...lol. I can't believe how ignorant I was for so many years & didn't search my answer sooner. I've got a good knowledge of AAS usage, doses, PCT, etc but had no idea for use in TRT. This answers my question & I want to get back on a therapeutic dose ASAP. Would yall recommend 100/week, 200/week, or a happy middle maybe of 150/week. Thanks

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic