Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Steroids seized at Sydney airport

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Thousands of steroid tablets have been seized by customs officers at Sydney Airport and a mailing facility during the Christmas break.

Figures show that the detection of performance- and image-enhancing drugs (PIEDs) by customs has almost doubled over the past three years.

A 65-year-old man had his luggage searched at Sydney Airport on Christmas Day after arriving on a flight from Thailand.

Officers found a range of steroids in the man's luggage and strapped to his body, the Australian Customs and Border Protection Service (ACBPS) said on Monday.

The man will be prosecuted by summons, a customs spokesperson said.

On Boxing Day about 12,000 steroid tablets were seized at the NSW International Mail Facility.

The tablets were hidden in a metal elephant statute from Thailand.

Annual ACBPS figures showed that the amount of PIEDs being detected while coming into Australia is increasing.

Customs statistics show that there were 5562 detections of PIEDs, which includes steroids and hormones, in 2010-11.

That figure jumped to 10,358 in the last financial year.

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Not a surprise. Our customs are only getting worse and worse. Harshest at the airport, when I fly international I see th e security checks and can't believe drug mules even chance things these days.

chez

chez

Jan 2, 2014
What was the catalyst for this harsh screening of steroids in Australia? Was there a lot of death by steroid cases?

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
What was the catalyst for this harsh screening of steroids in Australia? Was there a lot of death by steroid cases?

The same thing that is a catalyst in the US: good old prejudice, which manifests itself as a puritanical need to fight "evil" by outlawing anything that is out of the social norm and that our hysterical media has hyped as causing various imagined ailments.

Last edited:
chestrockwell420

chestrockwell420

MuscleHead
Oct 9, 2012
i feel sorry for my ausie buddies, such a tight grip on customs! be safe

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Yep it's harsh.in the early 90s it was still really good.i never used ugl all pharm grade you just had to go to the right doc.ugl here in sydney was manufactured by the guys who were at uni who where studying to be chemist so hence it was easy money for them and it paid the tuition.there were other issues that also occurred which made the situation to what it is today.every time I walk into sydney airport I am always searched all the time lol.randomly they say lol.bb is a expensive past time here in Australia but people are still going to try and beat the system.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic