Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Sternum or Abdomin tear?

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Was working chest yesterday, finished up Inclines to failure. Felt great, good workout. had dinner went to bed and burning serious pain woke me up out of a dead sleep. Solid hard pain right in middle chest just under where ribcage meets. Terrible pain, thought it was the big one, scared the shit outta me . It calmed a lil after a hour or so. Today nothing really in pain, a lil sore from workout but no more serious pain.
Anybody have a episode like this, maybe strained bruised sternum, Abdominal tear, pec?

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
Was working chest yesterday, finished up Inclines to failure. Felt great, good workout. had dinner went to bed and burning serious pain woke me up out of a dead sleep. Solid hard pain right in middle chest just under where ribcage meets. Terrible pain, thought it was the big one, scared the shit outta me . It calmed a lil after a hour or so. Today nothing really in pain, a lil sore from workout but no more serious pain.
Anybody have a episode like this, maybe strained bruised sternum, Abdominal tear, pec?

looks like you had a cramp while sleepig.

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
I had a similar sounding pain before, turned out to be on my xiphoid and was resolved by itself in a few days

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
Major cramp or big gas pocket I have had gas pockets they hurt like a bitch

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Could just be a bruise or a spasm.

Glad your ok now man.

I think it would be safe to go and explain to the dr. what happened.

I've heard of this before, but I can't remember what it was.

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
I'm with GG had a gas pocket once thought I was dying

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Yea, I'm kinda leaning to gas. I haven't felt anything else all day. I'll see tonite at the gym, light night can't get hurt again!
Thanks for the input guys

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
I actually broke my xiphoid, can't tell you how but it was broken. It hurt and would snap like a joint when I stretched backwards I had a minor surgery where the dumbass docs cut it and made it worse, I wouldn't let them back in again.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I actually broke my xiphoid, can't tell you how but it was broken. It hurt and would snap like a joint when I stretched backwards I had a minor surgery where the dumbass docs cut it and made it worse, I wouldn't let them back in again.

I had that problem about a year ago and I swear, the doc told me I was over strtching and that's how I f'd it up. Don't know if it was broke cause he didn't get xrays or anything just poked around. I ain't going under the knife anymore anyways unless I'm dying.
I love my doc, 80 plus years old, cool as hell, top surgeon, will give me just about whatever I ask for. I'm on hrt from a clinic , he found out says, 'why didn't you ask, i woulda fixed you up and insurance woulda paid for it''

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic