Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
image000000_20230908_083829.jpg

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
The more age, the more leadership and public service ... am I right?
McConnell, Grassley, and Feinstein are way younger than Ol' Strom (used to be):

( from his 100th Birthday celebration in the US Senate)

Last edited:
Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
This just made me think. paying you money directly to vote a certain way is a bribe. Donate money directly(limit), give gifts(limit), donate to campaign fund and it's not a bribe and you can write it off. That sounds like shit politicians would make law anyway. Out of curiosity what happens to money in somebody's campaign fund, say they lose or decide not to run again what happenes to that money? I truly don't know I'm just curious.

Security Exchange Commissions, puts me under an electron microscope for $101 gifts, certain political donations, expect me to file suspicious reports if somebody doesn't give a shit if they lost or gained money fuck you.

Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole

Jul 31, 2023
This just made me think. paying you money directly to vote a certain way is a bribe. Donate money directly(limit), give gifts(limit), donate to campaign fund and it's not a bribe and you can write it off. That sounds like shit politicians would make law anyway. Out of curiosity what happens to money in somebody's campaign fund, say they lose or decide not to run again what happenes to that money? I truly don't know I'm just curious.

Security Exchange Commissions, puts me under an electron microscope for $101 gifts, certain political donations, expect me to file suspicious reports if somebody doesn't give a shit if they lost or gained money fuck you.
Generally speaking, what to do with the left over contributions is pretty much up to the politician.
S/he can give it to a PAC or their party line or donate it to another candidate or give it to a charity.

But, if a politician chooses to run again they’ll normally keep the money in some form and use it in a further campaign which, is when things get a bit foggy.
Just as businessmen used to be able to claim their two cocktail lunches as a business deduction, some politicians will use their excess contributions for a lavish lunch or dinner (with another politician or lobbyist of course) or take trips or buy a new car etc. and claim it as a campaign expense.
e.g. AOC recently got busted for spending campaign contributions on a dress that she wore to a popular gala and had to pay the money back.

Gotta face it, politicians aren’t happy unless they’re politik’n and spending someone else’s money and as long as we keep giving it to them, they’ll keep spending it.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
Generally speaking, what to do with the left over contributions is pretty much up to the politician.
S/he can give it to a PAC or their party line or donate it to another candidate or give it to a charity.

But, if a politician chooses to run again they’ll normally keep the money in some form and use it in a further campaign which, is when things get a bit foggy.
Just as businessmen used to be able to claim their two cocktail lunches as a business deduction, some politicians will use their excess contributions for a lavish lunch or dinner (with another politician or lobbyist of course) or take trips or buy a new car etc. and claim it as a campaign expense.
e.g. AOC recently got busted for spending campaign contributions on a dress that she wore to a popular gala and had to pay the money back.

Gotta face it, politicians aren’t happy unless they’re politik’n and spending someone else’s money and as long as we keep giving it to them, they’ll keep spending it.
So if I'm not running again or lose I could donate to another politician but tell that politician to hire my son and pay him half of what I'm donating. So sounds like biden

Last edited:
Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole

Jul 31, 2023
So if I'm not running again or lose I could donate to another politician but tell that politician to hire my son and pay him half of what I'm donating. So sounds like biden
Or….a politician, like H. Clinton for example, can take their excess and donate it to a foundation……like the Clinton Foundation where the executives (e.g. H, B, and Chelsea Clinton) reap 90% in executory fees.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic