Latest Member
TableEffit
What's New?

~Poundstone versus Pudzianowski~

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
This is my long time training partner and close friend Derek Poundstone. He is a WSM competitor for anyone in the strength world you may know him.

This was 2008 WSM finals. The winner of this event would win the title of Worlds Strongest Man for the year 2008. It came down to the final seconds of the Atlas Stone run. Besides Travis Ortmayer, Derek was probably the best Atlas Stone lifter in this time era.

Derek actually has a 2 ft tall x 6 foot wide picture of this blown up in his house..the last few seconds as a reminder. He really took this hard, rightfully so.

I asked him what happened and he said, "it was raining that day, and the stone slipped". So that is the truth behind this video.

One of the most memorable moments in Worlds Strongest Man history..never before has there been an ending so close that would determine the winner by a mere second.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Slip heard around the world. Can't believe it was that long ago...

L

leeman

Jan 8, 2014
I never liked Mariusz slapping him on the back there. Heat of the moment but that has never sat well with me

L

leeman

Jan 8, 2014
BTW has poundstone been injured? He hasn't been too competitive for a while now

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
BTW has poundstone been injured? He hasn't been too competitive for a while now

Good question, he voluntarily pulled out of WSM last year to just focus on healing, his body was pretty beat up, and his personal life.

He was just realistically too overwhelmed with FT work, he wanted to spend time with his wife Kristin, and then they own Poundstone Power gym as well..so they just always have so much going on between all that and his radio show on Syrius. Saw him the other day and he looked good..he' sitting at 3-310ish BW, instead of 340-350..Much better weight for him. He's only training a few days per week, not going full force with his training, and just taking some time off from competing.

He has talked BBing potentially, but that is not certain. He seems very content with the time off. No word on when he is returning to compete :)

L

leeman

Jan 8, 2014
Well if he is happy then that is great. His shoulders and chest always looked ridiculous for a man of his height so I bet the new weight really suits him. Always thought he had excellent BB potential too

Thanks the for response

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
He seemed to always be injured. Good to hear he's giving his body a chance to heal. He's still lifting and I'm sure he'll be bit by the bug again and start competing sooner rather than later.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic