Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

PLAYOFF Hockey!!!!!!

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
I was pissed I thought that the rangers had it. They did raise a ton of eyebrows - many never expected them - their top players all have fast hard shots and turbo skates . I love watchin them - I always have 2-3 teams I follow - god darn kings just couldn't hold them . All big strong smart players - many commentators were saying with the influx of eastern European players that speed is now of most importance for championship and size and power are secondary. Thoughts on that my iron den bros?
apparently those commentators are misinformed. LA is the text book "size and power" team and NY was definitely the faster team on the ice and we all see how that worked out for em.
i'll always be a fan of the old time size and power players and the teams that play that old style bruiser hockey and impose their will on opposing teams.
lets not overlook the main contributing factor that won this Cup for LA though; JONATHAN QUICK!
that fukkkin guy was standing on his head, stopping EVERYTHING they threw at him. without Quick, this would have been a different series entirely

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
apparently those commentators are misinformed. LA is the text book "size and power" team and NY was definitely the faster team on the ice and we all see how that worked out for em.
i'll always be a fan of the old time size and power players and the teams that play that old style bruiser hockey and impose their will on opposing teams.
lets not overlook the main contributing factor that won this Cup for LA though; JONATHAN QUICK!
that fukkkin guy was standing on his head, stopping EVERYTHING they threw at him. without Quick, this would have been a different series entirely

Agreed !!!! That's my point - hockey is a physical sport . LA kings bigger stronger .
I want to say that the goalies had a lot of help with defense, back checking etc- throughout whole playoffs many shots weren't really solid or just shot blindly . But yes my point is LA is the size and power personified - on twitter I argued that puny sportscasters that never played a game in their life should say nothing on the topic lol

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
The teams that have flourished over the last decade are those that ride their HOTTT goalies. Quick is one of those guys that once he gets going, he becomes a lead wall.

NY played well and got beat up....physically and emotionally. Any open door was closed "quick" no pun intended.

Congrats to both teams.

Agreed !!!! That's my point - hockey is a physical sport . LA kings bigger stronger .
I want to say that the goalies had a lot of help with defense, back checking etc- throughout whole playoffs many shots weren't really solid or just shot blindly . But yes my point is LA is the size and power personified - on twitter I argued that puny sportscasters that never played a game in their life should say nothing on the topic lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic