What's New?

"Obese" and on Var

Musclesandlipstic

Musclesandlipstic

TID Lady Member
Apr 12, 2016
Hey everyone

I'm new here....please play nice
I have at least 60 pounds to lose and am currently taking anavar. I work nights so I'm training four Mornings a week after work.

Is it too early in my transformation to be taking this supplement?
Thanks!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Why are you taking var, it's not a weight loss supplement. How many mg's are you taking daily? What is your training and diet like?

Musclesandlipstic

Musclesandlipstic

TID Lady Member
Apr 12, 2016
I read that it can help when cutting... Maybe I was mistaken. I'm taking 5mg 2x a day.

Training is upper/lower body split four days a week around an hour a session.

My nutrition is 1800-2200 calories a day taken in over 5-6 meals with carbs before and after workouts. The amount depending on training intensity and rep volume.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Var isn't going to help and will have negative side effects you may not have anticipated. You should stop taking the anavar.

Patience is very important on the road you are on.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
I agree with the above, you should revisit this once you have lost the desired weight otherwise, you are just going to be disappointed.

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
I read that it can help when cutting... Maybe I was mistaken. I'm taking 5mg 2x a day.

Training is upper/lower body split four days a week around an hour a session.

My nutrition is 1800-2200 calories a day taken in over 5-6 meals with carbs before and after workouts. The amount depending on training intensity and rep volume.

You will be able to make great progress with the diet and training alone for a long time. I wouldn't take anything that is not over the counter until you lose the majority of the weight. Just continue eating healthy and transform your lifestyle. No pill is going to help you unless you make up your mind that YOU are going to help you first.

Musclesandlipstic

Musclesandlipstic

TID Lady Member
Apr 12, 2016
Thank you all for the advice!! It pretty much mirrors what my gut is telling me. In my heart of hearts I know that no pill can replace dedication, hard work and patience. I guess I was looking for a boost.

I just feel that clock ticking and let my desperation take over.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Thank you all for the advice!! It pretty much mirrors what my gut is telling me. In my heart of hearts I know that no pill can replace dedication, hard work and patience. I guess I was looking for a boost.

I just feel that clock ticking and let my desperation take over.

That's a Completely normal feeling! How you eat, when you eat and hydration are your keys points. Stick around and keep asking questions....lots of knowledge on this board.

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
Welcome to TiD. It's good to have you here. I'll echo what was said above. Unfortunately, there is no magic bullet. You're off to a great start though by training and adjusting your diet. And if you ever feel discouraged, you'll find the support you need here. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here to help. After all..this isn't a sprint..it's a marathon for a healthier life. Here's to a new you. Congrats on taking that important first step. (In short..no Var. Consider that when you're ready for that next step.)

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I would drop the var for now, maybe add some caffeine and drop some some calories, maybe some carbs depending on your intake to drop some weight a little quicker than you currently are.

Tad the DietCoach

Tad the DietCoach

Jul 4, 2013
Have you gotten any blood work done to check hormone levels? Not the best reason to take anavar as you most likely will experience weight gain on the scale. While not fat gain (if you diet is dialed in right for you) it always messes with people's heads because most are trained to look to the scale for results and validation on their program. No matter what, good luck! You can absolutely lose the weight you want but I encourage you to understand where your body is hormonally first, then get with a coach or an expert that can help you decipher what to do.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic