Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Last heavy bench before powerlifting meet - 2x1x170kg / 375lbs

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Nice work brother. Do you always have your hips off the bench when you un-rack the weight?

R

rubus

Jun 26, 2012
Yes, it makes the lift off alot easier! I dont like other ppls to lift off for me

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Yes, it makes the lift off alot easier!
Strong for sure, but if your arse isn't touching the bench you won't be given the lift. I've seen plenty of guys at meets that get red lighted for having your arse off the bench.

Would hate to see you bomb out on the bench because of something technical ~ you need to have bench contact both with your upper back and your arse (as long as both of those happen the arch can be as big as you can get it).

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Pretty sure his butt is on the bench when he's actually benching. If I need to unrack on my own, I lift my butt up too. Jealous of that range of motion... Practically nothing. Excellent set up. You compete raw or equipped?

R

rubus

Jun 26, 2012
Strong for sure, but if your arse isn't touching the bench you won't be given the lift. I've seen plenty of guys at meets that get red lighted for having your arse off the bench.

Would hate to see you bomb out on the bench because of something technical ~ you need to have bench contact both with your upper back and your arse (as long as both of those happen the arch can be as big as you can get it).
My butt is touching when i am benching. I have never been red lighted for butt lift.

Pretty sure his butt is on the bench when he's actually benching. If I need to unrack on my own, I lift my butt up too. Jealous of that range of motion... Practically nothing. Excellent set up. You compete raw or equipped?

Big arch and short arms can do that ^^ Makes deadlifts a lot harder tho. I only compete raw. My goal is 660 for a unoffical sub junior WR

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
My butt is touching when i am benching. I have never been red lighted for butt lift.
Sweet mate, in that case you have the perfect bench setup. I'm jealous of the arch you can get in your back.

Good luck !!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic