Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

HRT suggestions when Dr won't help

Tptblank

Tptblank

Sep 15, 2013
Last week i had blood work done for low sex drive, occasional ED, irritability, not being able to sleep, etc. all symptoms of low test. I've known something has been wrong for the last few months.
The results came back that his only concern was an elevated LDL of 200. I asked what my free test levels were. They were 81 on a scale of 40-220 he said. Perfectly normal for a 38 year old man.
He wants to put me on zocor and that's it. My test levels are closer to the bottom of the chart than my LDL is to the top of that chart. I understand this country is run by big pharm companies but how do I get this problem fixed? Cholesterol meds won't treat the symptoms I have.

B

Bigwhite

MuscleHead
Mar 20, 2013
Its called self medicated trt. Test e start out at 125mg a week and get blood work every few months. Once you start, it will probably be for life. You could check into a trt clinic but it will cost you...

8thangel

Dec 20, 2010
Find another doctor... That's what I had to do when I first found out I had low t. It didn't take too much hunting before I found one who was willing to play ball. Self medicated trt is certainly an option but I would look into some other docs first personally.

J

J2048b

MuscleHead
Jul 2, 2012
Check out the sponsor on these forums if u can... They r better, and a few others out there, than these crappy doctors who dont want to have this on them if they prescribe test to someone... My levels were at 350-370 doc said it normal... I said maybe at ur age and even so it like having a "D" for a grade.... Not an "A" like u want to feal like!

F

firewally1966

May 15, 2013
After suffering for almost 2 years with a dr that didnt know anything about trt..I took the advise from
a post in one of the many bodybuilding forums that I watch....google "compounding pharmacy" in your city or a close
large city that you can travel to...call them..or what I did ..they had an e-mail...I e-mailed them,asking for a dr
in the area that prescribed TRT meds...I didnt use them as I have insurance that pays for my TRT..and I get a 3 months supply of Test Cyp for like 9 bucks

B

BigFella

Nov 16, 2012
....google "compounding pharmacy" in your city or a close
large city that you can travel to...call them..or what I did ..they had an e-mail...I e-mailed them,asking for a dr in the area that prescribed TRT meds...

What he said - except I recommend phoning them. Most people want to help - and most compounding pharmacies know which doctors in the area know something about TRT.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic