Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Hello there!

LadySparten

LadySparten

Jul 12, 2015
Just thought I would stop by and say hello. I have heard good reports about this site for some time.

A quick snippit about me. I have been an athlete in some form or another my entire life. I started as a gymnast went to track and field then into martial arts and much later decided to step on the stage in the bikini division (in America) I then transitioned to figure NPC. I placed in the top 3 several times and I had not 'crossed over' at that point. I then took time out from competition to train in in power lifting/ westside barbell and Olympic lifting. I thought it would help create a more rounded physique and educate me in the process. It was the best thing I had ever done :) Loved it! Still do!

Anyway; a few years ago I had my first episode of illness and I never got over it. Each episode became worse until they were not longer 'episode's' but day in day and day out misery. I was unable to even get into the gym and could only stomach liquid food and shakes. I was so ill. Long story short. After many admissions to hospital and nearly losing my life. I have just been diagnosed with Addison's disease. (April 2015) Needless to say I am more than a bit miserable and getting out of a wheelchair to walk again has been a big challenge in itself. Many years of suffering an undiagnosed illness has done a great deal of damage and atrophy. Yes:I will permanently be on medication and so far it's a sh*t existance, very complicated, and I am new to the illness and all the science behind the adrenal system and it's complexity (so take it easy on me I am still learning lol). I would love to hear any tips, advice, supplements ideas or from others in the same or similar situation or about absolutely zip to do with it Lol

I take it day by day. I am glad to just be here and I know I WILL be in the gym again (at some point) I'm working on making my 5,000 ( still walking like a gimp and with a stick. Looks like I have had a bit of a stroke. Although I have not. Just weak.) steps a day so far so I can at least go walk around on my own :)

Anyway; great to meet you all! Can't wait to get started :)

Regards
LS

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Welcome, just keep yourself motivated and start setting daily goals for yourself. Before you know it you'll see how long you've come.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
wow, sorry to hear all of that but glad you are taking steps to getting back on your feet!

Welcome and glad to have you :)

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Welcome to TID. Thank you for sharing a bit about yourself.

LadySparten

LadySparten

Jul 12, 2015
Thanks ever so much for the warm welcome ladies and gents!

V

villain

Aug 11, 2015
nice to meet you and i hope to learn alot here

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic