Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Hello everyone

M

mja1955

May 19, 2013
I train because I have to and don't give me that BS abut rheumatic arthritis and there is no cure. I have found that cure: Weight training light with repetitions and cardio with excellent instruction. I am a client of IFBB pro Janeen Lankowski and whether or not you are a competitor or have to, like myself, she is excellent. I will do everything I can to support bodybuilding and fitness simply because bodybuilding supports me, any suggestions are appreciated. Also, you going to love this, my right arm is about 50% paralyzed from and industrial accident so training is very painful and tedious and basically I have to work four times as hard from about 1/3 of the gains as opposed to someone who does not have orthopedic problems. I am going to Tampa shortly to consult with Janeen and then proceeding on to Miami to be trained by IFBB pro Rita Bello, a fellow Soccer fan. Upon examination of the Steel Gym in Miami I do regret not knowing spanish but I do speak a little French. Best wishes to all both competitors and those who have to, like myself. Any and all replies are greatly appreciated...............Mark

cynderella

cynderella

TID Lady Member
Feb 4, 2015
Mark-
I have a nerve condition called CRPS or RSD it's debilitating and causes a lot of pain, at one point I was literally crippled and I was only 28 at the time. They told me there's no cure and the only thing I can do is take medication to maintain slightly pain-free. I found that working out and lifting weights muscle training weight training has really helped so much and I'm no longer crippled and only suffer small amounts of pain but take no medication and haven't in over two years. It's really amazing what staying physically fit and active can do for your body.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Great stories, glad you two found a home here, welcome to TID. Train hard and enjoy

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
That's great you've found a way to not only cope but overcome. Welcome to TID. Make yourself comfortable.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Welcome to the Den!

Lifting has been a remedy for me as well. I spent all of my 20s and my early 30s with back pain and spasms. I was told it was crap genes in my family. But for the past couple years, I've been participating in powerlifting competitions. It's funny how just getting strong can help solve quite a few problems.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic