Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

guy in gym can get tablets tht can take away gyno

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Aw Ty shine.... What's considered a low dose of letro? I'm thinking that the key (low dose)

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
Nope, Nolva in high doses will stop the actions of estrogens if symptoms flare where as neither letro nor ana won't.

keep estrogen under control with ana or letro and then if gyno symptoms flare take the nolva 40 60 mg ED to block estrogen at the site.
Probably better off using anastrazole with nolva IF I recall right letro inibits the effects of Nolva some.

No need to ever go above 40mg with nolva and there are arguments to keep it at 20mg and in my experience as well as clinical trials 20mg seems to work.. When taking high dose adex (1mg) with nolva serum adex levels were lowered (clearance rate was increased) but this was in female breast cancer patients who as mentioned were taking high dose and driving estradiol super low, it's application to on cycle men is questionable at best. Not only has nolva been shown to control flare ups, it's been shown to reduce gyno, to steal some of access's references:

1)
Prevention and management of bicalutamide-induced gynecomastia and breast pain: randomized endocrinologic and clinical studies with tamoxifen and anastrozole.
Saltzstein D, Sieber P, Morris T, Gallo J.
Urology San Antonio Research PA, Pasteur Medical Plaza, San Antonio, Texas, USA.

A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled multicenter trial involving 107 men receiving bicalutamide ('Casodex') 150 mg/day therapy following radical therapy for prostate cancer assessed tamoxifen ('Nolvadex') 20 mg/day and anastrozole ('Arimidex') 1 mg/day for the prophylaxis and treatment of gynecomastia/breast pain. Tamoxifen, but not anastrozole, significantly reduced the incidence of gynecomastia/breast pain when used prophylactically and therapeutically. Serum testosterone levels increased with tamoxifen relative to placebo but prostate-specific antigen levels declined in all treatment groups. Further studies are needed to define the optimum tamoxifen dose and to assess any impact on cancer control. The use of tamoxifen in this setting remains to be investigated

2)
1: J Pediatr. 2004 Jul;145(1):71-6. Related Articles, Links

Comment in:

* J Pediatr. 2005 Apr;146(4):576; author reply 576-7.
* J Pediatr. 2005 Apr;146(4):576; author reply 576-7.

Beneficial effects of raloxifene and tamoxifen in the treatment of pubertal gynecomastia.
Lawrence SE, Faught KA, Vethamuthu J, Lawson ML.
Department of Pediatrics, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

[email protected]

OBJECTIVES: To assess the efficacy of the anti-estrogens tamoxifen and raloxifene in the medical management of persistent pubertal gynecomastia.

STUDY DESIGN: Retrospective chart review of 38 consecutive patients with persistent pubertal gynecomastia who presented to a pediatric endocrinology clinic. Patients received reassurance alone or a 3- to 9-month course of an estrogen receptor modifier (tamoxifen or raloxifene).

RESULTS: Mean (SD) age of treated subjects was 14.6 (1.5) years with gynecomastia duration of 28.3 (16.4) months. Mean reduction in breast nodule diameter was 2.1 cm (95% CI 1.7, 2.7, P <.0001) after treatment with tamoxifen and 2.5 cm (95% CI 1.7, 3.3, P <.0001) with raloxifene. Some improvement was seen in 86% of patients receiving tamoxifen and in 91% receiving raloxifene, but a greater proportion had a significant decrease (>50%) with raloxifene (86%) than tamoxifen (41%). No side effects were seen in any patients.

CONCLUSION: Inhibition of estrogen receptor action in the breast appears to be safe and effective in reducing persistent pubertal gynecomastia, with a better response to raloxifene than to tamoxifen. Further study is required to determine that this is truly a treatment effect.

PMID: 15238910 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

3)
Management of physiological gynaecomastia with tamoxifen.
Khan HN, Rampaul R, Blamey RW.
Professorial Unit of Surgery, Department of Surgery, Nottingham City Hospital, Nottingham NG5 1PB, UK.

AIMS: We aimed to confirm suggestions that tamoxifen therapy alone may resolve physiological gynaecomastia. METHODS: A prospective audit of the outcome of tamoxifen routinely given to men with physiological gynaecomastia was carried out at Nottingham. Men referred with gynaecomastia had clinical signs recorded, e.g., type (diffuse 'fatty' or retro-areolar 'lump'), size and possible aetiology. They were offered oral tamoxifen 20mg once daily for 6-12 weeks. On follow-up patients were assessed for complete resolution (CR), partial resolution where patient is satisfied with outcome (PR) or no resolution (NR). Success was either CR or PR. RESULTS: Thirty-six men accepted tamoxifen for physiological gynaecomastia. Median age was 31 (range 18-64). Tenderness was present in 25 (71%) cases. Sixteen men (45%) had 'fatty' gynaecomastia and 20 had 'lump' gynaecomastia. Tamoxifen resolved the mass in 30 patients (83.3%; CR=22, PR=8) and tenderness in 21 cases (84%; CR=0, PR=0). Lump gynaecomastia was more responsive to tamoxifen than the fatty type (100% vs. 62.5%; P=0.0041). CONCLUSIONS: Oral tamoxifen is an effective treatment for physiological gynaecomastia, especially for the lump type.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
No need to ever go above 40mg with nolva and there are arguments to keep it at 20mg and in my experience as well as clinical trials 20mg seems to work.. When taking high dose adex (1mg) with nolva serum adex levels were lowered (clearance rate was increased) but this was in female breast cancer patients who as mentioned were taking high dose and driving estradiol super low, it's application to on cycle men is questionable at best. Not only has nolva been shown to control flare ups, it's been shown to reduce gyno, to steal some of access's references:

20mg from my exp has worked well, I've had others need between 40mg and 60 to reverse symptoms, good articles.

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
Just because it's been there a while doesn't mean it won't go away. It's not uncommon for boys to get gyno during puberty and for it to resolve on it's own. I had it, and I've never had so much as an itchy nipple on cycle.

Whether you should use nolva or letro... that's probably a matter of opinion. It's not like this is something new that your are trying to nip in the bud before it gets out of hand. So I'd probably try the nolva first, but that's just me.

It's important to remember that gyno can come not only from high estrogen levels, but also from insufficient levels of test in your system. You might want to get a blood test and see where you are at. You need to get a baseline PSA with that before you do any cycling anyway.

Last edited:
IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Not really, Femara(Letrozole) Anastrozole(Arimidex) are often used to treat breast cancer..

Anastrozole is used alone or with other treatments, such as surgery or radiation, to treat early breast cancer in women who have experienced menopause (change of life; end of monthly menstrual periods). This medication is also used in women, who have experienced menopause, as a first treatment of breast cancer that has spread within the breast or to other areas of the body. This medication is also used to treat breast cancer in women whose breast cancer has worsened after taking tamoxifen (Nolvadex). Anastrozole is in a class of medications called nonsteroidal aromatase inhibitors. It works by decreasing the amount of estrogen the body makes. This can slow or stop the growth of many types of breast cancer cells that need estrogen to grow.

Femara is a form of hormone therapy known as an aromatase inhibitor, which works by reducing the amount of estrogen produced in the bodies of postmenopausal women. Femara has been approved for:
Treatment of postmenopausal women with hormone
receptor-positive or unknown advanced breast cancer that was progressing after anti-estrogen therapy—in 1997
First-line treatment of postmenopausal women with hormone receptor-positive or unknown locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer—in 2001
Extended adjuvant treatment of postmenopausal women with early breast cancer who have received prior standard adjuvant tamoxifen therapy—in 2004
Femara has been available for over 10 years and research by Novartis Oncology has continued during this time

That is the smartest thing I have ever seen you copy and paste... good job bro!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic