angelarbatt
What's New?

Grip Work

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
What are some of you doing for grip work? I have been watching some grip comps and these guys can pick up an amazing amount with just their grip.
I know mine has been lacking lately and was looking for something new.

No gay comments please, I can already see them coming.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I just hook grip everything but you could do pinch hold, farmers, etc... to strengthen your grip.

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
I really need to work on my grip....I'm strong, but not grip strong compared to the weight I can throw around. I need to concentrate on static farmer's walk holds for a comp coming up this spring. For me, going head to head against someone else in grip competition is the best training I can think of.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I used the fat grips after I tore a ligament in my thumb, they worked the best for me to build grip strength and my forearms blew up quickly. I didn't use them for long but it helped a lot right out of the gate.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Fat gripz are a good tool .
Wrist rollers help
Farmer walks in many variations(static hold ,light for a long distance,heavy for an all out distance)
Grippers if your doing a grip comp
Double overhand shrugs,Dl's and rack pulls

Amma is more an expert on this than I am. Hopefully she will see this and reply

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
All good replys, especially the dbl overhand on the pulls and shrugs. I have a 3lb hammer that I taped a 5lb dumblell to. I use this 2 to 3x a week to train my forearems and assist with my grip.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
High rack pulls... Pull from above the knee so you can go waaaay above your 1rm for deadlifts. Pull, hold for a 5 count at the top then lower down. Rinse and repeat.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic