arcticranger
What's New?

Google could be guilty of promoting illegal drug sales

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
July 01, 2011

Google has been in the news recently with a seemingly endless stream of negative press. The newest development is the FDA looking into the possibility that Google knowingly took advertising money from websites selling prescription drugs, but without prescriptions. This could be a huge hit to Google considering they have already set aside $500 million for possible penalties in this case. If Google is correct in the assumption of the cost of these fines, this would be the largest fine of its kind in US history.

Google’s AdWords program is at the center of these allegations. AdWords is a online advertising service that places search specific ads in the search engine's results. AdWords has recently been the subject of other investigations by the US Senate and the FTC over antitrust allegations.

Google may be in trouble with the FDA

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Wow! Now that's interesting. I use google a lot and I always get those specific ads. Get them from yahoo too.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
don't say bad things about google... they hear everything you say... I seriously think google has plans for world domination... For real.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Yeah. Somewhere this thread is coming up in a google search right now.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic