Joannafit
What's New?

Gas Crisis

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
How bad do you all think the Gas prices are going to get?

What are your predictions on everything 3 months from now? Meaning Gas prices, recession, Russia?

Jayne Scott

Jayne Scott

TID Lady Member
Feb 7, 2022
How bad do you all think the Gas prices are going to get?

What are your predictions on everything 3 months from now? Meaning Gas prices, recession, Russia?
The prices would eventually level out, but whatever level it does stop at, its defo not going to be palatable with most people. Predictions in 3 months? Let's hope the war on Ukraine ends beforeally then, but even at that, the global economy has taken a hit and would need time to stabilise a bit.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Gas prices regularly rise between now and Memorial Day weekend based on annual factors of increased demand, and various state regulations that require the refineries to alter the additives in the gas, which also increases the price. It's not uncommon to see an increase each year of 25-50 cents per gallon during that time frame (varies from state to state).

Add Biden's inflation, his hamstringing new development via regulations, permitting, leasing, etc., we would be looking at has prices rising to $5/gallon this year. Add in the Russia conflict, we could be seeing $6-7/gallon as a national average, and it breaking $10/gallon in places like CA.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
If we all just stop driving for 2 weeks we can flatten the curve, come on people, do your part to stop the spread of gas prices!
Or, I keep seeing libs post the meme saying something along the lines, "As bad as the gas prices are, at least you aren't in Ukraine getting bombed and killed." :rolleyes:

Like we can't complain and have sympathy for those in another country at the same time. The point of it all being.....it doesn't have to be this high in the first place, regardless of what's going on in Ukraine.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
@tommyguns2 I think you’re right that gas will hit $10 in some coastal spots in CA soon. Which the rest of the state will be $8 a gallon. I am irritated that we are so dependent on oil, would have been nice if going back to Bush 1 or 2, steps would have taken place for energy independence.

I unfortunately feel that the war with Russia is going to intensify and china and North Korea are going to jump in. I don’t see what’s happening in Russia ending quietly.

CRC1276

CRC1276

VIP Member
Sep 10, 2015
All by design. There will be another world war and the global economy as we know it will fall. All good things come to an end folks.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
All by design. There will be another world war and the global economy as we know it will fall. All good things come to an end folks.

Doom and gloom dude. :)

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
We dont have a gas crisis.
Prices are high but its not a crisis.
Gas in Norway is over $10.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
We dont have a gas crisis.
Prices are high but its not a crisis.
Gas in Norway is over $10.
MK is absolutely correct here. A gas crisis would imply that there was some sort of shortage. We do have an inflation problem though. The best thing to do to fight inflation is for the government to spend a made up number amount of money.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Why did the Art thief's van run out of petrol?

He had no Monet to buy Degas to make the Van Gogh.

I am here all week folks..... :)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic