Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Fluff; The ultimate filler

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
This is a recipe for people who are on a restrcted calorie diet and struggling with appetite. This will fill you up REALLY good. Some people have actually stated they can't finish this in one sitting because it's so filling. Choose one of the two methods below, mix up the base well FIRST, then add in your other ingredients.

RECIPES. (use one of these as your base, any liquid will work including diet soda. I use almond milk)

1)
150g frozen fruit
1 scoop casein
1.5 Cup liquid

The "fluffier" verion
2)
1 scoop casein
1.5 cup liquid
6grams xantham gum

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Marshmallow_fluff.jpg

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
I like spreadable marshmallow! Funny..Xantham Gum is what's used in the "Baby A Live" make your own food recipe! Yes..I have a 4 year old daughter who has one. And it's expensive to feed like a real kid too!

Last edited:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Casein as in casein protein?

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Yes. FOr some reason, whey doesn't work for this. It doesn't get fluffy.
I'm thinking possibly because casein is multi molecular (it has 3 protein fractions, alpha-Cn/betaCn/kappa-Cn that are held together in micellar form). When you mix casein the structure becomes disturbed, this pulls the casein molecules apart therefore forming the fluff you referred to (kind of along the same lines as how cheese is formed).

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Also, I'm pretty certain that the solubility of whey versus casein in liquid would be different.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
It is. When I mix my casein in almond milk and shake it up, it gets really frothy. My whey mixes much easier and with less foam

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic