Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

BBQ short ribs

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Made these the other night and they were pretty awesome. Very tender, and have a unique BBQ flavor to them.

4 pounds boneless beef short ribs, cut into 3-inch long pieces
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dried ground thyme
2/3 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Arrange the short ribs in a 13 by 9-inch baking dish and season with salt and pepper, to taste. In a small bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients and stir to incorporate. Pour the sauce over ribs and toss well, coating all the pieces. Cover with aluminum foil and roast until cooked through and tender, about 3 hours. Remove the foil during the last 30 minutes of cooking to brown the top. Transfer to a serving platter and serve.

The original recipe as stated above says 300 degrees. Instead, just to make sure I didn't over cook them, I went to 280 degrees and they turned out super tender and had an ever so slight pink color to them inside.

chestrockwell420

chestrockwell420

MuscleHead
Oct 9, 2012
oh yeah slathering mustard on my ribs bf they hit the smoker is a must! helps lock in the smoke taste and brings out a tangier flavor w my rub! damn im hungry now brother, that recipe sounds pretty good!

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
that sounds soooooooooooooooo good but it would have to be on baby backs as that's the only type of ribs I like :)

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
that sounds soooooooooooooooo good but it would have to be on baby backs as that's the only type of ribs I like :)

I found short ribs are so much more forgivable and turn out really tender every time. That's the reason I like them so much. They don't need near the time to cook and be as tender either.

chestrockwell420

chestrockwell420

MuscleHead
Oct 9, 2012
most people like traditional pork ribs over say beef ribs. beef ribs dont yeild as much meat and the traditional flavor is more of a salt and pepper taste. some people like throwing beef ribs in the oven bc they dont need a s much time to cook. i can smoke pork or beef in the same amount of time, which is about 4 1/2 hrs. you can add many more flavor profiles to pork ribs. i usually just rub pork ribs bf smoking and i soak beef ribs in a brine overnight bf smoking them. rolling beef ribs in cracked peppercorn bf hitting the smoker is my fav!

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
You bastards are making me HUNGRY!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic